“Historic treasure with comfy bed and nice smelling soaps”
Review of England House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
England House B&B
Ranked #2 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our stay at the England House B&B was day one of a decadent honeymoon road trip and the bar was set during this brief one night stay. No detail was missed during Richard's welcome preamble about everything from the history of the house, age and origin of the antiques (including the 200+ year old bed we were going to sleep on), where to eat dinner, a warning not to test how much complimentary wine we could drink with the 6,000 feet altitude, where the fresh baked cookies could be found, what time breakfast would be served, etc... Later I met Laurel who gave me a good book recommendation based on my Celtic heritage. We stayed in Song Catcher. It was a Monday night so the inn was not full. Richard offered we could take one of the other available rooms, but we really liked the ambiance of our room: the dark wood furnishings and the antique tub (which was great for a pre-dinner soak). The location is fantastic because we could just walk into town for dinner. My car was safe in the drive-way which was good because it was filled with wedding presents and leftover wine. In the morning we were treated to our first ever candlelit breakfast! Paper wedding bells hung over the table and Laurel presented us with a wedding gift (who would have thunk?). It was a lovely surprise. Breakfast was ham, apple and cheese croissants. I mentioned to Richard I have a future dream of owning an inn and he was very generous with tips and advice and even gave me the recipe for the croissants. Not used to such a fancy breakfast we could not finish the delicious pastries so Richard kindly wrapped them in foil (complete with a napkin artfully tucked into each package and our initials written on them to avoid confusion). True to Richard's prophecy the croissants made an excellent road snack later. You can tell when someone loves what they do and puts that love into their work. Richard and Laurel clearly care about all their guests and are invested in the history of the house and the history and culture of Flagstaff and the surrounding area including the Grand Canyon. Thank you for making the first stop of our honeymoon so magical and memorable.

1  Thank socksnsandals

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our stay at England House was rally special! Great rooms, hospitality, and food. If you want a wonderful Flagstaff experience this is the place to stay! You are centrally located and close to Downtown flagstaff. Laurel and Richard are great hosts, they really try to make your stay perfect and comfortable.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I travelled solo to flagstaff to attend my twin daughters graduation from NAU. Upon arrival I was greeted by Richard who advised me where I could park. I was given a quick tour of this beautiful home and a little history about the home. Richard and Laurel beautifully restored this historical home and it is simple a real treasure to be able to spend a few days there. I stayed in the Stone Cutter room. The room was beautifully decorated with antique furniture. There was a beautiful antique dresser and amiore and a tempurpedic bed which was so comfortable. There was also a seperate sitting area with a love seat, chair, otterman, daybed, trundle and fireplace. I had some concerns about the train noise, but as long as the windows are closed you can't hear the trains, so that was not an issue for me. The home is just a short walk to historical downtown Flagstaff where there are many good restaurants and bars. Richard and Laurel were terrific hosts. I felt more like an old friend visiting than a paying guest. While I was there I was treated to 3 wonderful breakfasts. They were all delicious. They even allowed my daughters to join me for breakfast and made my daughters feel at home. They made some awesome recommendations on places to see in Flagstaff and surrounding areas. It was a wonderful stay. Thank you Laurel and Richard.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well, its all been said in previous reviews but just to repeat: beautifully appointed rooms in a much-loved house, warm and welcoming hosts, fabulous breakfasts, and walking distance to some excellent restaurants in Flagstaff.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Pantry which was cosy and comfortable but was not large enough to put both our suit...
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Laurel and Richard are the innkeepers that set the standard for what innkeepers should be. They are welcoming and friendly and run a beautiful B&B. England house is charming and lovingly restored. Each room is beautifully decorated and immaculate, the breakfasts are delicious and served with lovely china and linens on a sunny enclosed porch . But it is the ambiance and generous attention that stands above all else. Our anniversary was acknowledged as if we were old friends and our stay was more memorable that we could have imagined. We hope we will have an occasion to return soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely time here. The house and everything within is beautiful, and its clear that a lot of heart and soul went into creating a unique and welcoming atmosphere. The hosts were hospitable and generous, and all of their suggestions for things to do in Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon, and elsewhere nearby could not have been more perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My sister & I take a trip annually & decided this year we'd go see the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and Sedona, Arizona (neither of us had been "out West"). Our first stop was Flagstaff (after landing in a sand storm in Mesa!) Needless to say we were thrilled to get to the England House! What a beautiful stone house! We were late and Laurel (didn't meet Richard) was so gracious & welcoming. We felt right at home. Our room was the "Pantry" and was a small gem located under the stairs on the first floor. It had everything one could need and was just right for 1 a bit small for two people. Our hostess was very attentive and had many great suggestions. We walked downtown and ate at a Latin restaurant (can't remember the name). Once back at the house we slept well & awoke the next morning to an excellent breakfast of fruit soup, chili cheese puff (Laurel gave us the recipe and I made it as soon as I got home...yummy), sausage slices, toast, muffins, fruit juice & endless very good coffee. Laurel is so thoughtful that she keeps track of what you had to eat so next time you won't have the same thing! In summary everything about our stay was top notch. I highly recommend the England House! One last note...it snowed when we were there which we didn't expect in April.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family