WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“The best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of England House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
England House B&B
Ranked #2 of 13 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“The best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Omigosh! I was travelling across the country and came to England House on a recommendation, and was I glad I did. Laurel's hospitality, even on short notice, was superb. She took care of me like a mother. I stayed in the "pantry room," and felt like I was home. Having been in my own business, I notice attention to detail, and the England House is outstanding in that regard. Everywhere I looked and went in the house was geared toward perfection in taking care of their guests. Their downtown restaurant recommendation was exquisite, having had the best fish tacos I've ever eaten. I heartily agree with all the other great reviews written here, and would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: each and every room is beautifully appointed, and Laurel will help you choose the best for your stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Gallup, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

This B&B surpasses most places I have stayed in terms of cleanliness, beauty, history, and staff r willingness to be helpful. Time was taken to tell every guest what they wanted to know about the area. True concern was expressed regarding guest safety and comfort zone. I highly recommend if you are going to the Flagstaff area to really consider this a place to stay. They only have four rooms so book early..

Room Tip: All rooms are good and clean. No noise that I could hear.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We just returned from a week in Arizona and we were very fortunate to stay at the England House B&B at the beginning and end of our vacation. Our plan was to visit the Grand Canyon and Canyon de Chelly over an eight day period. We would completely agree with previous reviews!! It is located in an historic house and furnishings are appropriate to the time period, lovely and comfortable but not overdone! The breakfasts are a delicious but pretty healthy delight in a wonderful window filled room at the back of the house with individual tables. We loved that we could walk to the historic part of town for other meals, events and shopping. Laurel and Richard have wonderful suggestions for possible activities and restaurants. We added three of their suggestions to our itinerary and our trip was definitely richer for it. It is a lovely spot in a very attractive, historic college town. We highly recommend the England House and Flagstaff!!

Room Tip: The Stone Cutter room has a second small room adjoining which is perfect if one of a couple likes to...
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

A great place to stay in Flagstaff. Conveniently close to the downtown. Breakfasts are creative two course affairs. The owners are extremely helpful and provide outstanding advice on local attractions, restaurants etc. Historic house with antique furnishings. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lovely house, lovely rooms, lovely breakfast. We were given a tour on arriving & made very welcome. Guests have the run of the kitchen for soft drinks, tea or coffee or wine.
The house is a short walk from the centre of Flagstaff. I find the sound of trains very restful so they didn't bother me at all.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I quick trip to Sedona turned into a beautiful drive to Flagstaff. I was lucky enough to get a room at this gorgeous property. The innkeepers had just returned from a trip through southern France and we shared stories in the kitchen over a glass of wine. Richard and Laurel know a little about travel so they have not missed a thing, You will notice the attention to detail from the flashlight on your key ring for the night walk back from one of the recommended restaurants (they are foodies) they have a wealth of information from beer pubs to pizza to some amazing Mediterranean. Everything here is high quality from the mattress to the hmmm so relaxing products for soaking in the deep claw foot tub, which is perfect after a day of hiking. We had never been to Flagstaff, just passed through on our way to the Grand Canyon. Well, Richard knows his town and we fell in love with Flagstaff and extended our stay, After Laurel and Richard shared a local’s only hike to the Grand Canyon that has to be seen to believe we realized that this inn and Flagstaff are on our list of towns to visit more frequently. So much to explore here and thanks to our new guides we have already booked our next stay at the England House. If you are in Sedona or Flagstaff this is the place to stay. You have to experience this to understand what a wonderful stay is to be had here. My husband and I are still talking about our stay there a month later….fabulous.

Room Tip: All are unique. My goal is to stay in each one
1 Thank mbaueraz
Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

England House is everything you'd want in a cozy, comfortable, friendly stay in a beautiful home! From the delicious breakfasts to the exceptionally comfortable beds, plush towels and HEAVY, ultra warm robes, Richard and Laurel have provided every necessity and luxury imaginable. Richard greeted me in the parking area behind the house, carried my luggage to my room, and then gave me and several other new arrivals a tour of the house, including the well-stocked refrigerator with drinks & ice cream. Coffee, tea, chocolates and home-baked cookies are available anytime, day and night. England House is within easy walking distance to the historic area of Flagstaff and Northern Arizona University. Richard and Laurel know their town and surrounding must-see sights, the best restaurants and directions to wherever you want to go. Treat yourself and return home with a smile on your face!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo