“Very Comfortable”
Review of England House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
England House B&B
Ranked #2 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Hertfordshire
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lovely house, lovely rooms, lovely breakfast. We were given a tour on arriving & made very welcome. Guests have the run of the kitchen for soft drinks, tea or coffee or wine.
The house is a short walk from the centre of Flagstaff. I find the sound of trains very restful so they didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I quick trip to Sedona turned into a beautiful drive to Flagstaff. I was lucky enough to get a room at this gorgeous property. The innkeepers had just returned from a trip through southern France and we shared stories in the kitchen over a glass of wine. Richard and Laurel know a little about travel so they have not missed a thing, You will notice the attention to detail from the flashlight on your key ring for the night walk back from one of the recommended restaurants (they are foodies) they have a wealth of information from beer pubs to pizza to some amazing Mediterranean. Everything here is high quality from the mattress to the hmmm so relaxing products for soaking in the deep claw foot tub, which is perfect after a day of hiking. We had never been to Flagstaff, just passed through on our way to the Grand Canyon. Well, Richard knows his town and we fell in love with Flagstaff and extended our stay, After Laurel and Richard shared a local’s only hike to the Grand Canyon that has to be seen to believe we realized that this inn and Flagstaff are on our list of towns to visit more frequently. So much to explore here and thanks to our new guides we have already booked our next stay at the England House. If you are in Sedona or Flagstaff this is the place to stay. You have to experience this to understand what a wonderful stay is to be had here. My husband and I are still talking about our stay there a month later….fabulous.

Room Tip: All are unique. My goal is to stay in each one
1 Thank mbaueraz
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviewed October 27, 2012

England House is everything you'd want in a cozy, comfortable, friendly stay in a beautiful home! From the delicious breakfasts to the exceptionally comfortable beds, plush towels and HEAVY, ultra warm robes, Richard and Laurel have provided every necessity and luxury imaginable. Richard greeted me in the parking area behind the house, carried my luggage to my room, and then gave me and several other new arrivals a tour of the house, including the well-stocked refrigerator with drinks & ice cream. Coffee, tea, chocolates and home-baked cookies are available anytime, day and night. England House is within easy walking distance to the historic area of Flagstaff and Northern Arizona University. Richard and Laurel know their town and surrounding must-see sights, the best restaurants and directions to wherever you want to go. Treat yourself and return home with a smile on your face!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have never felt so at home away from home. Richard and Laurel have a true gift for making you feel at ease in their home. They take great pains to provide every comfort that you could possibly imagine. The home is beautiful and full of history. It is decorated with French antiques with a very clean, simple style. It does not feel stuffy or dark. It is light and airy and spectacularly beautiful. When we arrived the windows were open and it felt like a dream. The restaurant recommendations were an easy walk and were delicious. Richard and Laurel have exquisite taste in food which is also evident by the amazing gourmet breakfast!!!!! Their attention to detail is so perfect that it's hard to believe (special soaps, delicious snacks, wine, teas, hot chocolate, you name it!!!). We were treated like Kings and Queens and we are very grateful to our hosts, Richard and Laurel. They are wonderful people.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

What a great place to stay while visiting Flagstaff!! It is very close to historical downtown, great breakfast, and very comfortable. Richard and Laurel are easy to talk to and sooo knowledgable about everything you might want to do including the best place to get gas!! It was a beautiful stay.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Tastingmenuqueen
Glendale
Reviewed October 17, 2012

A really nice couple owns and runs this B and B. They were very helpful and knowledgeable with local activities and sights. The breakfast was simply stellar. Feel comfortable staying here- you will enjoy it.

1 Thank dan1dan12
Reviewed October 17, 2012

For my 30th birthday, my wife, my parents, and my in-laws all decided to treat me to a trip to the Grand Canyon. We decided to spend two days in Phoenix, two in Sedona, and one in Flagstaff. After staying at the England House, we wish we had spent every day there in Flagstaff.

The hospitality is beyond compare... The owners gave us the grand tour with the very entertaining Richard at the helm. Then they recommended a fantastic restaurant for dinner. The location is within walking distance from downtown... We only wish we had longer to explore all of the shops!

We came back and they had a spread of homemade cookies, awesome hot chocolates, teas, organic beers, etc. I even got to play a Taylor guitar for a while :)

We enjoyed the front porch, the bubble bath, and the incredible comfort of the room. They had a fan in the closet which was a nice touch because I have trouble sleeping without one.

The breakfast deserves special mention... Wow! Just wow! The gourmet fruit "soup" was an unexpected treat... They specially made my Egg Souflette with no onions because I hate them... And every thing was organic and tasty. The Organic Mango juice was awesome too.

The rest of our trip was a blast, but paled in comparison to the England House. Every piece of furniture and every item in every room has been carefully thought out to make your stay comfortable and beyond compare.

Next time, we'll stay here for the whole week.

• Stayed October 2012