“Hotel was good enough in itself but receptionist not so great...”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Bangor Northern Ireland
“Hotel was good enough in itself but receptionist not so great...”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

As I say I had no complaints about the hotel and in particular loved the views of Snowy Peak, room was fine and facilities were acceptable. Guy in reception was a different matter, slightly rude and made me very glad we had only one night there! Otherwise pretty good and parking very convenient!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Motel clean and in a very good location.
Room and conditioning alright, clean beds and toilet.
Price quite high (110 $), maybe because of crowded period.
No breakfast. By the way, choice overall suggested.

Toronto, ON
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

chose this based on good reviews on TA. no regret , close to everything , traffic could get crazy at times.

there is pretty good Chinese Buffet nearby , it is like $12 or something per person , ok food.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Needing somewhere to crash for a night while we explored the Grand Canyon, we landed upon the Budget Inn due to reasonable prices and good reviews. Once again, TripAdvisor led us to a great place!

The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and there were plenty of food options within walking distance. The carpark had plenty of space, with easy access.

The free wifi worked really well and fast, which was surprising given that it was unlocked.

The only 'downside' was the lack of a luggage storage area for people who arrived earlier than check in. Driving from Scottsdale in the morning, we were hopeful we could store our luggage at the Budget Inn before continuing on to the Grand Canyon for the afternoon. While the man at reception did suggest that we could leave our luggage in the lobby, we preferred to not leave it in such an open space and instead left it in our car trunk while exploring the Canyon.

That said, we thoroughly enjoyed our short stopover stay at the Budget Inn and would recommend to anyone needing a clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarahmudgway
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I came here because of all The good reviews This place got On Tripadvisor. It certainly lived Up To Its reputation. The price was right, it was very clean, the shower bath, airconditioning an TV worked well. The bed was extremely comfortable, it was near alot of restaurants and the employees were friendly.

1 Thank bonniesiracusa
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was the fifth stop (July 30th) in our Route 66 drive from St. Louis to LA with a family of four. Check-in was painless and the woman at the desk was very friendly. We had plans to drive to a local brewpub for dinner, but a flat tire forced us to walk to a good nearby restaurant (Bun Huggers) that was recommended to us by the friendly staff member in the office. Our room was nothing fancy, but it was very clean, which is TOP priority for us. The beds were comfortable, and the property was quiet. We all had a very good night's sleep. Next morning the management graciously let us know that it was no problem to check out late if the flat tire issue required it. Fortunately tire repair (Discount Tire) and breakfast (Dunkin' Donuts) were a short walk from the Budget Inn, and we were on our way to the Grand Canyon at a reasonable time. Not to put down the Budget Inn chain, but we were not expecting this motel to be as nice and clean as it was. At $70 a night through Expedia, we'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dave H
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'd go as far as to rate my stay at the Budget Inn as excellent for the money.

Exhausted after riding 500 miles from Tucumcari, NM, with the last 50 or so in the rain, I checked in (and quickly checked out) of a motel in another part of Flagstaff that was not very nice. Disappointed, I pulled up the Tripadvisor app on my iphone and began looking for a nicer place to stay. It seems like there are many, many motels and hotels in Flagstaff, and that made it difficult to choose. For what I was willing to spend though, the Budget Inn seemed to have good reviews, so I gave it a shot. I was not disappointed.

The manager was very nice. My room at $76 total was a bit more expensive than the previous motel, but given the experience I had gone though there, I was ready to pay it. Decently reviewed motels / hotels in Flagstaff seem to be a little more expensive than other cities on the I-40, possibly due to the Grand Canyon being so close by, and also being a university town (NAU). When I expressed concern about my motorcycle being further away from my room than I would have liked (when traveling by motorcycle, I like to have it as close to my room as possible), he took me outside and pointed out an out-of-sight covered area close in to the building where I could park, which I felt really good about.

When I finally reached my room, it was everything I really want when traveling - CLEAN, tidy room, an A/C that actually blows cold, nice furnishings, comfortable bed, etc. It also had a refrigerator and microwave, which were nice to have. It wasn't the biggest room, but it was cozy, secure, and all one really needs when staying a night or two.

After a hot shower, I walked down the street to where I found a handful of other businesses - Barnes and Noble, Jack in the Box, Papa John's Pizza, Dairy Queen, etc. Actually, since there are a handful of motels in the immediate surrounding area, there are also quite a few restaurants and shops nearby to choose from. Given my mood, I stepped into the Dairy Queen for a treat and headed back to my room. Later on, I found a coke machine and ice machine downstairs in a separate room near the lobby.

The next day, I headed to the front desk (where I had spied a coffee maker the previous evening) and picked up a cup of coffee for while I packed up. Rested and relaxed, I hit the road for another long day.

I won't say that the Budget Inn is the nicest motel out there - there are motels that have larger rooms, more TV channels, more luxurious pillows and beds, showers with higher water pressure, etc. However, it was clean, neat, and comfortable, and I found it to be exactly what I wanted for my money. Should I travel through Flagstaff again, I'll drop in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo