TripAdvisor
Flagstaff
Post
Inbox
Search

“Sweet Setting, Great Food, So-So Service”

Josephine's Modern American Bistro
Ranked #16 of 396 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fine
Description: we are updating our summer hours Monday thru Friday Lunch from 11:00-2:30 P.M Saturday 10:00 and Sunday 9:00- 2:00 P.M Monday thru Thursday Dinner from 5- 8:30 P.M Friday & Saturday dinner 5-9:30 P.M thank you so much
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

The setting alone is worth stopping by...so cute. Our food was great, from the fresh warm bread to the Korean beef lettuce cups as a starter, all delicious. I chose a salad with grilled chicken as my entree, along with the Tillamook Green Chile polenta and my husband had the Osso Bucca. Our server was nice, but the service was somewhat slow. That’s the only reason for the 4 stars...otherwise would be 5. Definitely try this place if you’re visiting Flagstaff. We’d certainly go back.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (594)

Reviewed August 26, 2019

We have eaten our way through the menu, love the hamburgers, daily specials and the friendly service. Best iced coffee in town and you won’t find fish tocos as good as theirs anywhere in the country. Being from southern Utah, we would give anything to have a Josephine’s their.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Steven H
Reviewed August 23, 2019

We were driving through Flagstaff and found this place on line. It had good reviews so we decided to try it. It was a great choice!! Super cute both inside and out. We sat on the porch. Friendly, wait staff. The food was delicious, large portions. My daughter had the bean and quinoa burger and it was super tasty. I had the fried green tomatoes and because I hate cilantro I left off the pesto and it was still delicious. What a great find! Would definitely recommend!

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank gayleb536
Reviewed August 15, 2019

While visiting Flagstaff we decided to have lunch at Josephine's based on reviews of the restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Our waiter, Avih, was friendly and personable. The food was excellent! Highly recommend this special restaurant. Lots of charm!

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Jane D
Reviewed August 9, 2019

While I sometimes end up here on my own, most of my trips here are business lunches. The place is great for that with outside seating on the patio and former yard (this used to be a house many many years ago) and plenty of space inside. We had a going away lunch for our office. They were able to fit us in well. The room was a bit loud, but it is a wood floor without carpet so that is to be expected. Great food and good service. My grilled salmon salad was excellent. Many had the burger, which is a popular choice. Most lunch entrees are $12-16 each, so it is not inexpensive but the food is worth the price.

Date of visit: August 2019