“Friendly, awesome, but Oh My!”

Josephine's Modern American Bistro
Ranked #20 of 380 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fine
Description: we are updating our summer hours Monday thru Friday Lunch from 11:00-2:30 P.M Saturday 10:00 and Sunday 9:00- 2:00 P.M Monday thru Thursday Dinner from 5- 8:30 P.M Friday & Saturday dinner 5-9:30 P.M thank you so much
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Our first night in Flagstaff we went to Josephine's for dinner. This turned out to be an excellent choice. It is housed in an old-Flagstaff home, so the guests are distributed among several rooms. There were only five tables in our area. The staff, from greeting, seating, and serving, were very friendly (but not too much so), attentive (but not hovering about), and helpful (although not much help was needed). The menu is eclectic. We decided early on that a repeat visit would be in order, as there were several "must have" options. Chris had medallions, and I had their special of the night, lamb chops. Both were served with their own special sauce, and crisp vegetables. The desserts? We "had saved room"..... Our two choices were awesome, Chris' peach cobbler, and my bourbon, chocolate, and pecan pie. Tasty? Rich? Oh My!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 29, 2018

Dined there on a Wednesday evening. Nice selection of both appetizers, entree, and beverages. Good wine selection. The restaurant seems to be in a converted historic cabin/cottage, which only adds to the ambience. Service was spot on. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

We visited on a Sunday for Brunch and ate outside. What a cozy garden atmosphere! Two of us had the Eggs Benedict, one had the salad with grilled chicken and one enjoyed the Flagstaff Burger. Our food was delicious; however, one of the Benny entree’s eggs were a little tepid. The Lemoncello cheesecake was delish. We had a very attentive server, and my apologies, I cannot remember his name. We also were treated to the fantastic vibes of Ryan Biter, who is a music regular at Josephine’s. Don’t miss Ryan or the food!

Reviewed September 25, 2018

We were headed to the Grand Canyon so we weren't dressed up. The host didn't seem to want to seat us but he did. The soup was excellent but my salad was served with spoiled chicken. I could not believe that the cooks could not smell it.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

A very popular place with excellent food. Be sure to make reservations. Everything we had tasted wonderful. I good place for a dinner that's a little special.