“Fantastic”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fine
Description: we are updating our summer hours Monday thru Friday Lunch from 11:00-2:30 P.M Saturday and Sunday Brunch from 9- 2:00 P.M Monday thru Thursday Dinner from 5- 9:00 P.M and Sat and Sunday Dinner from 5-9:30 P.M thank you so much
Berkeley, California
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Everything about our lunch was fabulous. The food was delicious and fresh. The selection included some old favorites and a few exotic items. I'm surprised by the negative reviews of the service because we couldn't have asked for a more efficient and personable wait staff. The atmosphere is truly lovely--authentic craftsman style, not canned ersatz! I imagine that in the winter there is a warm welcoming fire in the fireplace. Josephine's made me wish I lived in Flagstaff and not just passing through.

• Visited March 2014

flagstaff, arizona
“A real experience.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Tony, the owner, makes sure you feel "special". The drinks, service and food are spectacular. Don't miss it.

• Visited July 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
“Cozy”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Josephine's food is awesome! The restaurant is cozy and inviting and the service is always great! I would highly recommend this restaurant for a nice meal while in Flagstaff.

• Visited February 2014
Tucson, AZ
“Delicious in every way”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Josephine's is located in a charming old house made over into a restaurant -many small to medium sized, dark paneled intimate rooms, walk in right by the kitchen. We had dinner on a chilly night in early December, rather empty, and we had our own room and what seemed like our own server. He was friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about the menu items and the meal proceeded at a relaxed and comfortable pace. We were hungry and ready to eat big and were impressed by both the variety available and the portion size presented. The champagne vinaigrette salad with grapefruit, goat cheese and pecans was nicely tangy; the calamari in buttermilk and cornmeal was an excellent version. Our mains, both stellar: a rare, as requested, and generously sized salmon fillet in a citrus sauce with cranberries, served over couscous, and lamb chops with a molasses bacon glaze served over sweet potatoes, both with excellent vegetable sides. My husband was so pleased with the salmon that he questioned the cook as to ingredients, wrote it all down, and presented me with the recipe to duplicate later. I eat lamb whenever it looks interesting and this version was one of the best I've ever had, lusciously meaty and juicy, wonderful glaze, perfectly paired with a not too sweet, sweet potato puree. Big portions, but we still had room for dessert. I frequently bake crisps and cobblers so I was interested to see how their apple cranberry crisp (with maple cinnamon ice cream) stood up-I'm glad that my husband and I have a long history of cooperation, because otherwise things could have gotten ugly. Our shared crisp was baked in it's own cast iron dish, so it was crusty and sticky on top and juicy and chunky inside. The maple cinnamon ice cream was the perfect accompaniment, deep and subtly flavored, not too sweet or overwhelming. There wasn't a drop or crumb left by the time we finished. Just a great meal, and $90 for all that food (a glass of wine and beer, too) was very reasonable. We'd heard about and driven by Josephine's for years-what took us so long? Next time in Flagstaff, straight to Josephine's!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank rcatesby
Tucson, Arizona
“They did it again...”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Celebrating a birthday and decided to go back to Josephine's. We last visited six months ago for our wedding anniversary and the food, service was great. The staff at Josephines's did it again, they were friendly, and the service and food was dynamite. Super great environment and tasty food. What a gem in the heart of Flagstaff. We will return again next time we are in town

• Visited June 2013