“Basic but clean”

Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix
“Basic but clean”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

This motel is a standard no-frills place. The room was clean, the shower had good water pressure, cable tv, a fridge, and a microwave, which was great when we brought back leftovers from dinner that evening. Good location: it's off the main road, there's a gas station across the street, and we were roughly half a mile from the main downtown area. We were able to walk to dinner and explore the town, and easily walked back to the motel afterwards. If you're looking for a cheap, clean place to stay, then this is a decent spot. If you're not the motel type, the Drury Hotel is right across the street.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed July 16, 2009

The desk clerk was very friendly. The room was clean. Basic, no frills, but it was clean and absolutely the best value in town. Each room has a fridge, microwave, direct dial phones, and free wireless internet. The beds were good. There's a coin-op laundry, vending machines, free ice. It's located right by the NAU campus, good walking location. Lots of restaurants and good range and variety of places to eat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 26, 2009

The location is perfect since it is caddy corner from NAU. We stayed in a two queen room. The bedding was clean ( I checked), the carpet was clean (no stains) and so was the shower and bathroom. The rooms are pretty much a no nonsense. There was a frig, microwave, and TV. I did miss having a coffee pot (so pack one). The bed was very comfortable. I slept very well. I kept the air-conditioner on, I really didn't notice the train, other than a low humming when it did pass. If it came through at night, I didn't hear it.
The people in the office are very helpful and can answer just about any question you have.
It was nice to be able to hook-up to the Internet from my own room. The parking is a little tight. If you drive a truck or large vehicle I recommend parking facing Milton Road.
Would I recommend Highland Country Inn? YES, I'm returning in October for Family Weekend at NAU.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Fresno, CA
Reviewed June 20, 2009

My mom and I were stopping in Flagstaff along our cross-country road trip. We booked this hotel off of tripadvisor.com, and it was good for what we needed which was basically just a place to sleep before we got on the I-40 the next day. It's was easy to find because it's right off a main road in Flagstaff and we had no problems with cleanliness or comfort. You can hear the train from the room but it wasn't anything intolerable and overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed June 2009
Egypt
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I visited flagstaff as the base for my Grand Canyon trip & I just needed a place to spend the night in (so nothing fancy was expected). When I first arrived the staff were very friendly & accomodated all my needs. The room & shower were both spotless clean and spacious. All the rooms have a free Wifi which is a good bonus. There is a fridge in the room but no coffee maker; however, there was free coffee at the reception. The motel is safe and very close to the center of the town with free parking. Overall, the Highland Country Inn met my expectations and I can't have any complaints about it since i was not expecting more.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
brighton, united kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2009

we arrived on a freezing cold night in november from the tropical climate of las vegas, not realising that we were an hour behind flagstaff which is on the mountain time zone. check in was swift and the staff seemed friendly. room was a reasonable size, it was basic but comfortable and clean. we both slept well and were'nt disturbed by the trains which is quite ironic considering the station is only about half a mile down the road. we both loved flagstaff it really conjured up an image of an old pioneer town to us. lastly try the beef ribs in granny's closet over the road from the hotel, like something out of the flintstones but the best beef ribs i've ever had.....beat tony romas!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Italy
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed at the Highland Country Inn for one night stopover and it well suited our needs, it was close to the railway station, was quite clean, room was quite spacious, basic but comfortable.
Staff was quite helpful