Highland Country Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsgrand canyonroom was cleanfridge and microwaveone nightwithin walking distanceplace to sleeptrain noisehistoric downtownmain roadamtrak stationwould stay here againnau campuslowell observatoryparking lotnorthern arizona universityno elevatorroad trip
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The small motel is within walking distance of the town centre and easy to find as it is on a main road. Check-in was fast and friendly but car park a bit cramped due to the layout of the plot. The room was clean and everything was working, bed was comfortable and considering the location it was not noisy at night. The price was very competitive so that was a bonus too. This is not exactly luxury but it isn't claiming to be. Perfect stopover place.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teekake
Reviewed July 19, 2012

First time I've stayed at this location. Neat, clean and competitively priced. Parking lot needs to be larger.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flyboy1946
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My friend and I were on a cross-country road trip in July 2012 from Michigan to California and back. We were on our way back home, and our first night on the journey back home landed us in Flagstaff. Prior to this trip, I was looking for an acceptable place to stay that was reasonably priced. Most of the hotels in Flagstaff with good TripAdvisor reviews were outrageously expensive, but on the other hand, most hotels within our price range had awful reviews on here. I was getting frustrated looking for a place to stay when I finally came across the Highland Country Inn. In general, we were very pleased.

The check-in process was quick and easy. The lobby was small and clean. It was funny though, because this hotel is owned by a family and the little toddler girl was behind the desk kind of "greeting" me with a giggle and a smile in addition to the attendant (maybe the owner and his granddaughter?). Anyway, it was relatively easy to get to this facility (a couple miles off I-40 but not difficult to find).

The room was quite nice. The TV and remote control worked very well (some hotel rooms have TV remotes that are so slow to change the channels, but not this one). The room was clean and comfortable. Parking was a bit limited and we weren't able to park right by our room, but it was acceptable nonetheless.

The only downsides to the hotel were that they didn't offer breakfast and that it was still a little pricey for what it was. (I think my total came to $90 or $100 with tax, but because of the lack of amenities it really should have been a bit cheaper than that.) I won't complain, though, because it was very acceptable and a much better price than a lot of other hotels in Flagstaff. A swimming pool would have been nice, but there was none.

In the morning when we checked out, all I had to do was drop our room keys in the key box outside the office. No problems whatsoever.

I would recommend the Highland Country Inn to anyone looking for a basic place to stay in Flagstaff and not spend a ton.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank New_friends_GR
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed two different times for a total of three nights at the Highland. Our experiences were very positive.

Check in was quick, clerk was friendly. Room was clean, spacious and free of odors. Showers worked well. Beds comfortable. No problems with exterior or neighbor noise.

My biggest comment about this property is the parking. Because of the layout, do not expect to be able to park in front of your hotel door. Not really an issue because we were always able to pull up and load/unload and then seek a proper parking place.

Bottom line: I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LarAndGin
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The room was very affordable, the staff were kind (we were upgraded to a king bed, just because!), and it was a great place to rest while visiting the Canyon. It's well-maintained and we even liked the little touches like the good-quality shampoos and soaps. It was the best place we stayed on our road trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple