“Average But Reasonable”

Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Average But Reasonable”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The property is not fancy but it's in a great location away from the Interstate and railroad noise. The young lady receptionist was very courteous, answering questions and offering suggestions about places to visit and to eat and more. The room was clean but the queen bed was a bit firm, however, for the cheap rates involved price this hotel is worth considering, especially if you're budget minded. If I could have rated it two and half bubbles I might have.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side - later in the afternoon the sun beats in on those on the east side.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Athens,Greece
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed for one night of last March in America's Best Inn during my short trip
from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon South Rim Village through Tusayan . Quickly I noticed , that my room had one serious disadvantage , especially during the night . The button of air - con was broken ( by accident or on purpose ? ) . I couldn't set the temperature of this room. I was not able to elevate the temperature of my room to a higher degree and I was freezing at the night.
In the morning about three quarters before the check - in, one woman , who cleans the rooms , knocked the door of my room and she asked me to leave because she wanted to clean the room . So I reminded her the right time of check - in . A better professionalism is acceptable .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were in room 110 which seemed to be half updated. Not like we usually get, which was a little disappointing. The bed was firm. The room was clean and bug free from what we can tell. We check the mattress in all motels these days. Friendly front desk and clean safe environment in the parking area.

Room Tip: Ask for newly updated room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I presume the motel was named in an effort to be confused with the more well-known "America's Best Value Inn", and we did, in fact, stop at that establishment in Flagstaff, thinking we had made it to the place we had booked. When we did get to the proper place, we were greeted warmly and our room appeared clean with a heater that worked very effectively on that cold night. There was a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer so we were well provided. After going out to get something to eat we returned to find a puddle on the bathroom floor due to the fact that the basin was not connected to the pipe beneath it! We cannot fathom how that could go unnoticed and unfixed. Generally, the rooms show many signs of no or poor maintenance. As far as the puddle went, I used a towel to mop it up and put the rubbish bin under the drain rather than be bothered with changing rooms or having a maintenance visit at the end of a long and tiring day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Terrible place. But, very cheap so you get what you pay for. It was simply a roof over our heads. Staff were okay... location was ok but the rooms were dirty and small. Mouldy and smelly! Stay here if you are on a budget only. Some scary looking locals staying in the rooms too...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drivenunder
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Although, they advertise a "24 hour" reception, the reason we booked, it's a lie. As we would not be arriving until 2am we rang to confirm if we could still check in. They said it was ok. We arrive at 2am. We rang the bell for 10min in -2degrees with no answer. When it was clear we were abandoned we found alternative accommodation, however, they had the nerve to charge us. The next morning I confronted them.
He gave a crooked smile glaring his stained teeth. "We thought it was dark so you wouldn't come", he said.
We arranged to come when it was 'dark'.
He claimed he was there and couldn't hear us, "I come to look too." If you had 'looked' or 'listened' he would've seen us. It was a disgrace. I could tell by his menace he was lying.
He promised that he would refund us, however, as I left I could tell it was just a delaying tactic to get rid of us with no intention of a refund. 1 month later, nothing.

Basically, They abandoned two travelers in -2degrees temperatures after taking our money. They deliberately, and maliciously stole from us. Be aware it is not a 24hr reception even after organising it earlier...

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Andrew C
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room at this Motel specifically because it advertised a 24 hour front desk. We caught a bus into Flagstaff that was due to arrive at 2am. I contacted the motel and the staff member I spoke to confirmed there would be "no problem" checking in when we arrived.

When we arrived we were met with a locked, dark office and instructions to ring the bell. We stood outside the office in the middle of the freezing night for fifteen minutes ringing this bell, but no one came.

Luckily for us the Econo Lodge located right next door did have an actual 24 hour reception, and the lovely lady there was incredibly accommodating given our experience.

As this motel had already charged us for the room we never got to stay in we returned the following morning to request a refund. The staff member on duty essentially accused us of lying and advised they even checked outside at the time we were due to arrive. They apparently did not hear the bell, and wanted to know why we hadn't called, when I had already informed them the first time I rang that we did not have a working phone.

They eventually agreed to refund us, however the money has not been returned. I'm assuming they call themselves the best because they're the best at scamming naive tourists. Absolutely disgusting. Would not use this chain ever again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple