“Nice place, great value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Inn

America's Best Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   910 S. Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Arizonan Motel)   |
Ranked #37 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Huntington Beach, California
“Nice place, great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I pass thru Flagstaff several times a year and always stay here, as it's clean, comfortable and affordable. Great central location with restaurants and shopping within walking distance, yet far enough away from the railroad tracks that the trains don't bother you. Management is friendly and knowledgeable regarding where to go and what to see. Check-in is quick and efficient and the wifi internet is free. If you're looking for an affordable room that is clean and comfortable, you won't go wrong here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Humptulips, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

First and foremost, let me just say that I rarely rate hotels this low. I am an expert when it comes to low budget hotels in Flagstaff. I have to stay in Flag on the weekends, and over the course of the last few months I have been "trying out" various cheap hotels in the Flagstaff area. So, I realize that when you pay forty dollars for a hotel, you shouldn't expect that much. With that said, here is why I am rating this hotel so low.

When I checked in, it was pretty late. 10:45 p.m. ish? The man behind the counter seemed annoyed by my presence. I had pre-paid for the room on Expedia, as I always do. This makes check-ins usually pretty fast and easy. However, this guy proceeded to write down every number on my drivers license and credit card. Then he needed my e-mail and phone number. This whole process took about 9 minutes. I stood there...in silence as he typed. It seriously looked like he was writing a novel on his computer. I thought, do I look like some sort of criminal that he needs to have all of this information?? It was excessive and I was tired and wanted to go to bed.

After what seemed like an eternity, he handed me the key to my room and didn't really explain where the room was because he clearly had better things to do. I'm a smart girl though, so it didn't take me long to figure it out. I open the room and find what one can expect in a forty dollar a night hotel room. It seemed clean until I started to take a look around and walked into the bathroom to find dirty towels on the floor and used soap in the shower. Clearly, the bathroom had been overlooked by the cleaning staff. It happens, it's not a big deal.

I packed my stuff back up and headed back to the lobby. I explained to the man that the bathroom was dirty and there were used towels and used soap and he seemed totally puzzled. He then gets out a sheet of paper and says, "It says they cleaned it today?" Well, I'm not lying, so can I please get a different room? He again seemed annoyed and as if he didn't believe me, but then apologized for the dirty room and gave me another room.

That room was clean and fine....and the bathroom was good too. The next morning I called the front desk to ask what time check-out was, and the lady who answered was rude and short with me.

Like I said, I don't expect much from these cheapy hotels, but there are soooo many better options of low budgets places in Flagstaff. Between the rudeness, the dirty bathroom, and the long checking in process, I will definitely NOT be going back to this place. If this is the best that America has to offer, than America is in trouble.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank erin h
aneri03, Owner at America's Best Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your review,manager offer an apology for her inconvenience, and i have video recording to prove it, not only that we never ask guest for their e mail address only phone # for the reason that if guest forget something in room, at least we can informed them, it never took more than 3 minutes to check her in and i saw that video
It Is management policy to get all the information from guest and their credit card for incidental, if she feel offended for that we are sorry,

Thanks

Owner

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Service was better than I expected for the price that I paid for the room. I was thinking they will turn the heater off to save the cost after they cleaned the room, however they kept the heater on the whole day so that we can enjoy the warmth after a motorbike ride in 32F! What a nice suprise!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The rooms were tiny. However, that wouldn't normally bother me. The heater did not work well at all. After two hours me and my girlfriend were still cold. When I told the owner/manager about this before we left to out for the evening he insisted that I was wrong (he told me that I wasn't cold?) He had a whole speal prepared about how the heaters work and that I was the only one to ever complain about them. Something told me from his response this probably is an issue. Returned a few hours later and the room was slightly warmer (I was to tired to put up with the owner again since he earlier insisted I didn't know what it meant to feel cold) . Room itself was somewhat remodeled but still in bad condition and was tiny. If the customer service wasn't so terrible I might have given this place a poor rating. For the price of this place you can find a much better value, or for similar room conditions you can find much cheaper places not far from this location.

Room Tip: Dont stay here. Same price you can get a better hotel room elsewhere. For a cheaper rate you can get...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank T V
aneri03, Front Office Manager at America's Best Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
we thank all guest, their opinion, always help us to improve,
we offered guest portable heater,they never come back to front desk for that, they could have called us from their room, we could have even change their room too

thanks
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

we made a trip without planning to Flagstaff, friend of our has suggested this motel, everything
was great,clean, comfortable bed,locatioin

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This place is awful. The bad smell of the room led me to do an immediate inspection. Found hair in the bed and shower. The fridge and microwave had old food and dust on it. The chair by the desk was broken and wobbling. I immediately asked to check out and get a refund since I paid cash. The male and female desk attendants refused a refund and said the card used to book the room online would be charged if I checked out early since they require a 3 day notice for cancelations??? I asked for the customer service number to complain, they refused to give it to me, then the woman attendant told me to show her the dirty room which I did. She said I could've placed the hair there, broke the chair and made the microwave and fridge dirty within the 5min I was in the room. She became extremely agitated and started yelling at me when I refused a replacement room they offered me. The man finally gave me the customer service number and refunded my money when I started to call and complain in front of them. Horrible experience!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Alana U
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Superb customer service!! The room is clean and spacious, and the heater is quiet. Restaurants are in walking distance. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple