“Good food & Good service....”

Sakura Sushi & Teppanyaki
Ranked #60 of 339 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sakura offers one of the most unique dining experiences in Flagstaff. Part of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, Sakura is a popular destination with locals and visitors alike. Sakura has been voted one of the "Best Restaurants of the Southwest" by Food and Wine Magazine. Sakura has received the title of best Japanese restaurant for ten years from the Arizona Daily Sun. Sakura, which means Cherry Blossom, offers two traditional Japanese dining styles. At Flagstaffs original Sushi Bar, you can sit and watch the highly trained chefs produce incredible works of "edible art."
Artesia, California
“Good food & Good service....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

We arrived late to the hotel and deside to go to one the restaurant they have to offer, We orderd both teppanyaki food and sushi. We were very happy with quality of food and the service we received was outstanding.
One of the best sushi we ever had. Keep up the good work.

Thank you..

• Visited February 2011
granite_hotelmgr, Guest Relations Manager at Sakura Sushi & Teppanyaki, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
So glad you enjoyed our sushi and teppanyaki - nothing better after a long day on the road! Thank you for posting your review!

juno, usa
“Best Sushi & Teppanyaki in Northern AZ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

I travel a lot for my business, I have try lots of different food, lots of different places. When we go to Flagstaff, I always go to Sakura. They always have good food and great service. Always friendly and took special care to make sure our needs. My friend was not hungry for sushi he wanted a burger, we ask our server if we can order a burger from other menu, her response was " NOPROBLE AT ALL, WE CAN GET YOU THAT" , she was vey happy to get that done, I dont see that any more with other restaurants I have visited recently.

They do have another restaurant is called Woodlands, and thats the menu my friend choose to order from. I am glad that they did get my friend a burger from other menu. I highly recommend this restaurant to eveyone who staying in this town.

• Visited January 2011
granite_hotelmgr, Guest Relations Manager at Sakura Sushi & Teppanyaki, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Thank you so much for posting your review. We do try to accommodate all guest requests if possible, and having 2 restaurants with 2 different themes allows us to accommodate a 'hamburger' request in our Sushi/Teppanyaki restaurant. Looking forward to your next visit.
West Yellowstone, Montana
“Lots of room for improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

First time there for lunch today and I was looking forward to it. I had called yesterday to inquire if reservations would be advisable and the hostess went ahead and set them up without saying one way or the other if they were needed. That was fine, but when I arrived, I found zero other tables occupied. OK, I announced my presence and was told by the server that we could not be seated until our party was complete. I waited for two other guests and we were looking in the restaurant when another server came up to us to offer to seat us, but when he found out we were a party of four total, he stated it again- can't seat incomplete parties. We started joking about the demand for tables and he stated (nicely enough) that we could ask the hostess but it is their policy and he could not make that happen until our fourth person arrived. I get that the Teppanyaki experience requires everyone to be present so that we all begin at the same time, but was a bit put out by this unwillingness to let us settle in when there were literally no other people at tables in the entire dining room. Whatever, we waited for our friend to arrive and were quickly seated, followed shortly by a single diner who was put at our same table (what would they have done if he'd arrived 15 minutes earlier or later? Would they do the set up for a single diner? Or was he already there waiting for others to come in so he could sit with us?)
Our drink orders were taken followed shortly by our food orders and all was well. We made small talk with the other diner while we waited for our chef to come out. When he did, pushing a rolling cart full of ingredients for our ordered meals, he quickly introduced himself (clearly not Japanese) and began the set-up of the grill after performing some funky knife drill on the grill. It was entertaining enough, I guess. He made a couple of jokes and lit the perimeter of the grill on fire (causing one of my friends to literally lean back in her chair for fear of catching something on fire). He then proceeded to begin cooking, which was fine. Food was good enough, but not excellent. For the pricing (about $12 for my salmon with veggies at lunch), I thought it could have been better, but I was enjoying my time with friends.
After the meal was over, the server brought out our bills without being asked (separated, as we'd requested). One of the friends had brought some coupons and when we realized the tickets had been delivered before we'd thought to present the coupons, we asked him if they could be deducted at that time. He was accommodating enough to do that for us, but shortly afterwards, a manager-type came out and asked us how we qualified to use the coupons (they were found in a university coupon booklet) and her attitude was somewhat accusatory. My friend tried to point out to her that at the top, a statement reads that they are for students, staff and university-area residents, but she wasn't so much listening as talking. Since she was ready to accept them, we didn't bother educating her on the coupons issued by her own establishment and let it go.
The final straw was when my friend stood up to leave and realized there had been a roach crawling on her. She and the other friend sitting next to her had seen it, or another, earlier in the meal and said they had kept their feet off the floor because of it. Gross!

2 Thank Adventuritis
NYC
“Delicious and Fun Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

We pulled into the Radissonfor our stay after a flight from the east coast to Phoenix and then a ride up to Flagstaff. Since we were all tired we decide3d to stay at eat at the hotel. So we decided to try Sakura. It was a great time. we were seated right away by courteous staff.
We started with the pot stickers, then soup and a salad.
Then the show began. I had the shrimp and scallops, my son had the shrimp, and my wife settled on two roll of sushi.
The chef came out to our grill and did his cooking show to the delite of my young son. He was very friendly and had us laughing as he prepared our meal which also included the fried rice.
The portion was almost more than one person could eat (but it was so good I just kept eating). The food was good and this was part of a memorable Flagstaff stay.

Copenhagen
“Best sushi EVER!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

My husband and I stay at the Radisson hotel and went to this restaurant for dinner the first evening. The staff seating us was not a great experience and when we were seated at the 'sushibar' and the noise from other people seated at the 'teppanyaki tables' made it hard to hear eachother, we thought "oh no". Then the sushi came and WAUW. We love sushi and have eaten at many great sushi restaurants. This one tops them all. We ordered california maki rolls, 18 pieces of sashimi and 11 pieces of nigri (chef choise). It was simpli fantastic! We do not want to eat sushi anywhere else now which is a real problem as we live in Denmark. The service was terribly inattentive but the staff making the sushi was great and the sushi was simply so good that we have to give it 5 dots. Do not miss this fantastic food. Portions are really big and prices are more the reasonable in our opinion. If going again we would skip the maki rolls the nigri and sashimi is more than enough.