“Excellent getaway”

Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Comfortable room, easy access to the casino but enough separation so you don't get a lot of smoke on the hotel side. Nice workout facility. Rooms are big and comfortable. Refrigerator in room. Staff was quick to help!

2  Thank magsaz
There are newer reviews for Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked 3 rooms at Twin Arrows over Labor Day because my son and I were hiking the Grand Canyon and needed a base camp. Check in was fast and easy, we arrived at 11 am and we were in our rooms by 1. That is pretty good considering check in was at 4. Two of the rooms I booked through Hotels.com and they were the handicap accessible rooms. The showers in these rooms leave a lot to be desired. The shower head is 3 feet from my head and I am 6'1. But...you get what you pay for and I understand. My son's room which I bought on the hotels web site was the same except a much nicer shower. The hotel was clean and comfortable and service was awesome. The one fault ( and it is a big one) is that if you have a room facing the parking lot ( a non mountain view room) it has shutters and not blinds and curtains. Whatever time the sun comes up, you are coming up with it! It is impossible to sleep with the sum blasing in your room. If they could correct anything they really, really need to put curtains in the rooms because the blinds do not get the job done.

Room Tip: Mountain View, not facing the parking lot!
3  Thank Randy S
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Keep following the highway from Flagstaff - you will find this hotel/casino well worth the effort to find it. Apparently Flagstaff is not yet allowing road signs for Twin Arrows until you are almost there. The hotel is luxury and we were staying in a standard room. As the British would say "top notch". These rooms have the guest as the priority. The casino was fun with more than enough slot machines and a variety of food choices in surrounding restaurants/cafés. Entering the hotel/casino the lobby is beautiful and speaks to the entire establishment.

2  Thank Roseglasses503
Reviewed May 24, 2014

While on a road trip with no set destination we picked this hotel via TripAdvisor. It turnd out to be the first Arizona based Navajo Nation owned Casino and Hotel. Being just one year old it offers a luxury resort with spacious rooms offering modern styling with respect for the Nation's culture. Almost every design aspect of the hotel tells a story or has cultural backgrounds. The menu of the (sports cafe) restaurant we picked (the resort offers several options, from buffet to a la carte) told several stories about the culture. The carpeting, the art, all is directly linked to the culture of the Native Americans (please do not call the, Indians, they are not from India).

Although we paid top dollars due to a last minute room during the Memorial Day Weekend the hotel was still worth the dollars. I liked the big walk-in shower as I'm done with the typical American shower-in-tub.

The staff is very friendly and is a mix of Natives and non-natives. The chef of the sports cafe who suddenly popped out of the kitchen to greet all his new guests at their table (so nice) explained that the Navajo Nation is an equal opportunity employer and hence the hotel was not just staffed with Natives from the tribes.

The casino floor was one of the most modern I've seen compared to Vegas, but. I don't claim to be an expert.

No doubt, you can't go wrong with this hotel although I've heard that the buffet restaurant is not worth the bucks, although extremely cheap. Choose the sports cafe. Informal bites from a nice chart. Be sure to pick the warm home made apple pie as desert!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Arjan v
TwinArrowsAZ, Public Relations Manager at Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

We are so glad you picked us during your trip. Thank you for the kind words and great tips for other guests. We look forward to your next visit and will have a piece of apple pie ready for you!

Enjoy the rest of your summer and safe travels in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed here en route to a trip to the Grand Canyon and on to CA. The hotel is impressive, both in terms of the level of furnishings in the entire building and especially in the rooms with a few provisos.

The bell hops were excellent in terms of parking our vehicles and moving our luggage to our rooms; helpful, chatty, friendly and it really got our stay off to a great start. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for one of the female check in staff. She was rude and dismissive of my wife's request to have my sister in a room near us instead of two floors above. When questioned why this wasn't possible, she quite nastily informed us that we'd have had more options if "you'd booked directly with us instead of hotels.com." She was rude and dismissive in a haughty way to the point that if we hadn't already paid for the rooms, we would have left and found another hotel. Very disappointing.

Rooms were very nice except I don't know what idiot decided that plastic slats on the windows were sufficient to keep the light out of the room! Curtains weren't provided so when the sun went down, lights illuminating the outside of the building came into our room and kept me from getting a really restful night's sleep. Similarly, in the morning, the sun came blaring into our room well before 6am. With the very high level of furnishings in the room, it is total stupidity to not provide the rooms with a way to keep them dark.

The pool is spacious, nicely heated and very clean BUT the tiles used in the entire pool area are a death trap! They look to be very high quality but when they get wet, the floor becomes like a ice rink and slippery as heck. My 4 year old daughter fell twice just getting from the toilets to the pool and we saw others slipping and falling too. Someone is going to get hurt in the pool and Twin Arrows will get sued back to the stone age if serious injuries occur. Such a shame as everything else in the pool area is first class.

We took advantage of the players club discount in the restaurant by joining for free that night and really enjoyed the prime rib dinner which was cooked to perfection. We didn't eat anything else here as we thought the food was a bit overpriced.

Other than the items I have already mentioned, the only thing I really disliked was the aroma of cigarette smoke coming from the gaming area. They should invest in stronger fans to extract that horrible smell much better as I had no desire to gamble with such a stench surrounding me.

Final item concerns the outrageous fee the hotel wanted for a roll away bed for our daughter; $50!!! Are you kidding me? Most hotels don't charge for a roll away or if they do, its a nominal fee like $10. This was just stupid and a serious disincentive to stay there again. We didn't pay it and my little girl slept on a blow up camper mattress in her sleeping bag on the floor which we always carry with us. Good job we had it with us or we would have been out of luck. Take a hint Twin Arrows; other real casinos in Vegas and elsewhere don't charge that amount for roll away beds.

3  Thank George J
TwinArrowsAZ, Public Relations Manager at Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

George,
Thank you for sharing this with us so we can make adjustments. We are delighted you chose to stay with us on your trip and that the food and bell hops were so well-received. We have passed the front desk feedback onto our Hotel GM and apologize for your experience. Additionally - we have sent your recommendations on the pool deck and curtains to our executive team. I talked to the hotel team and they are responding to feedback on the roll-aways to lower those prices - so thank you. If there is anything we can do or you have other feedback to share please email me at TwinArrowsPR@Gmail.com

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and share both the good and what you would change.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Twin Arrows was a stopping point for us on our way back to Calif. What a beautiful find, our room was in the new wing, which opened on May 3, 2014. It was a beautiful brand new large room. The fact that it was a no smoking hotel, was an A+. We loved the complementary water and keurig coffee system, large bathroom, luxury bed, and just so much more. Hard to compare with any other casino in our book. Thank you Twin Arrows for a great stay. The casino and dining were also enjoyed.

1  Thank Lljoyceb
TwinArrowsAZ, Public Relations Manager at Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

You are very welcome, and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are glad you enjoyed one of the brand new rooms and that your dining experience was equally pleasant. Looking forward to your next visit.

Thank you again for the kind words and support,

Reviewed May 14, 2014

My son and I stayed here on a road trip from NM to San Diego. I am rating it as a hotel, not as a casino as I did not gamble. It's truly a hidden gem. The hotel was opened about a year ago, everything is new, and it is very well equipped. The standard room rate at $109 is a bargain as long as you don't need to be located in Flagstaff. For that kind of money in Flagstaff you're not going to get much! The rooms are spacious and well furnished: comfortable bed with very high end and comfortable pillows, a large bathroom with separate toilet alcove and a high end glass enclosed, tiled shower, double sinks and designer lighting. Flat screen TV, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, free and FAST wifi, work area with Aeron type chair (no, not an Aeron itself). All very clean and upscale (like a Hilton, but below a Four Seasons).

The staff as others have noted are very friendly and responsive. The only hiccup was that my initial room was listed as cleaned but was not, but they quickly switched me to an even nicer part of the hotel which was brand new.

The restaurant was closed when we visited but the Sports Bar is great. New HDTVs all over the place (literally lining the wall), a well equipped bar, fast service, great food and cheap (at least by my Easterner senses). There is also a food court in the casino. Again, prices are very reasonable. A liter bottle of Pelligrino water cost $2.95,

The fitness center is one of the best I've seen on the road. You can see a picture at the casino's web site. Brand new, clean, unoccupied when we were there, with Star Trac machines (not my favorite but functional), free weights, bikes, recumbent bikes, elliptical, treadmills. It is near the pool which is huge, very clean and warm and also has a hot tub.

The prices are very reasonable. Often a higher end hotel or casino will try to gouge you but there is no sign of that here. Room service breakfast can be had for $10-15 before service and delivery fee. A grilled rid-eye steak with onion rings is $20.

Lastly on the casino: while we didn't play we walked around a bit. It seemed very clean and family friendly. Entrance is controlled by Navajo police who were very friendly, and they seem to keep everything as it should be. Caveat: we weren't there in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Newer section has best rooms, I think, but the difference is not large. Some rooms have better view...
1  Thank MarkTwainMe

MaryTwainMe,
Your review made our day, thank you. We have shared it with our hotel team, the servers at Arrows and security. We appreciate you choosing us on your trip and hope to see you back soon.