“What a great guided tour for a first time visitor to the Grand Canyon!”

Grand Canyon Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grand Canyon Adventures offers day tours, day hikes and overnight backpack trips in Grand Canyon National Park as well as other amazing destinations across the Southwest. Join our experienced guides for the trip of a lifetime!
Reviewed April 28, 2016

Because we had never been to the Grand Canyon before, we decided that the best thing to do would be to take a guided tour. Little did we know what a great plan that was. From the moment we made our reservations, the folks at Gran Canyon Adventures made sure we knew what to expect. We received several emails and calls to confirm our reservation, identify what hotel we were staying at and confirm the time we would be picked up, and what we wanted for lunch. Matt, our tour guide arrived at our hotel on time and was enthusiastic and very engaging right from the start. He gave a very positive first impression, and we knew right away we were in for a great tour. The tour itself was fantastic. We hit a number of great spots along the south rim of the canyon. Matt was extremely knowledgeable and very deftly handled the varying levels of interest within the group. Lunch was provided and was very good. All in all, the Grand Canyon was awe-inspiring as advertised, and the guided tour with Grand Canyon Adventures was the way to see it. Ask for Matt if you book a tour with this outfit. He knows a tremendous amount about the geology of the Canyon and surrounding area, and is very outgoing, engaging, and patient in his handling of the group.

All reviews
"day trip"
in 25 reviews
"snacks and beverages"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"hotel pickup"
"comfortable van"
in 6 reviews
"trading post"
"great stories"
in 6 reviews
"excellent guide"

Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

Terrific. Went for Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend tour and it was amazing!! Our tour guide Marsha (sorry if I spell the name wrongly) and Sean is so good and knowledgeable to explain everything along the journey. I has been travelled for the past 3 weeks and that day was my happiest day ever. The view of these 2 attractions are AWESOME!!! Definitely will come here again next time.

1  Thank samcK114LN
Reviewed April 7, 2016

We had an absolutely superb day with GCA Tours when we went to see the Horse-shoe bend and Antelope Canyon. The guide picked us up bang on time and gave us an informative running commentary the whole way during our 2 ½ hour trip from Flagstaff, providing water and snacks as required!

When we got to the Horse-shoe bend, she showed us the perfect and best vantage points to take our stunning photographs and even more impressively when we got to Antelope Canyon, she managed to negotiate her way past some extremely long queues by utilising her very strong relationship with the Navaho and also when we were all exhausted on the way back, she played some lovely “chill” music to soothe us on the return journey.

Finally, and most impressively, I left my camera on the minibus and they immediately contacted me to confirm that they had found this when they cleaned the bus and they then had it delivered to me overnight (for no charge) to my next destination so that I could carry on using it for the rest of our holiday.

I cannot recommend GCA Tours highly enough.

Reviewed April 7, 2016

Amazing experience! Wanted my friend to have the best first experience of the grand canyon and she did. our tour guide was very knowledgeable. She made sure we were okay, happy, hydrated, and fed. I have gone on many tours and this by far was one of my favorites. Small group and everything went smoothly. Will be booking another tour soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 6, 2016

This was our first trip to the Grand Canyon. We had no idea of what to expect and wanted to get the most out of our trip. Booking with GCA tours online was very easy. The owner Drew called us the next day to confirm our booking and informed us when our guide would arrive to pick us up at our hotel. Our guide, another Drew, arrived on time as planned.

Our guide Drew was very experienced and laid out a plan for the day while we were traveling to the Grand Canyon.
His knowledge of the area was vast. Drew could answer all questions thrown at him. He had a great personality, was attentive and flexible. On some of the sights at the park, Drew took us away from the crowds to locations that I would not of thought to go. He brought a high powered spotting scope and would set it up at each location we stopped. I'm not going to give out the specific details of what he showed us. You will have to find out for yourself.

If this is your first time at the Grand Canyon or your a repeat visitor, you owe yourself a chance to view this wonderful place with the assistance of Grand Canyon Tours.
This is a true endorsement without any pay or discounts offered.

Jimmy Asbell