“We loved it!”

Grand Canyon Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grand Canyon Adventures offers day tours, day hikes and overnight backpack trips in Grand Canyon National Park as well as other amazing destinations across the Southwest. Join our experienced guides for the trip of a lifetime!
Reviewed September 17, 2015

We had a great time. Bob was the best. His knowledge of the history, geology and of course whodunit mysteries of the canyon was impressive and fun. No doubt learned from his many years of hiking and exploring. Also he brought a telescope! Nobody else had that. The tour was well planned and lunch was delicious. By the way, thanks for the introduction to Navajo Fry Bread.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 26 reviews
"south rim"
in 26 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 8 reviews
"great stories"
in 6 reviews
"excellent guide"

Reviewed July 15, 2015

I was nervous that I would be mad at myself for spending the money instead of just doing it on our own. Marcia was SO friendly she made the day relaxed and enjoyable for me, my husband and our 3 kids. It was SO nice to have her drop us off at crowded spaces, tell us the best things to do and then come back and pick us up. The picnic lunch was delicious. Overall a lovely day. Thanks!
You can read more about our day on my blog's post: http://www.pullingcurls.com/2015/07/grand-canyon-adventures.html
I was given a discount to book the tour, but no in association with giving this review or a blog review.

Reviewed June 16, 2015 via mobile

Living in Arizona, it is hard to believe it took us this long to go to the Grand Canyon.

We had such a great day with Bob!
He was so informative and casual...very relaxing way to experience the best spots.

He has great knowledge and even better stories!

Plenty of snacks, bathroom breaks and a very nice catered lunch!

Highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 11, 2015

A Grand Tour of the Grand Canyon

After taking a historical geology class several years ago, I became keenly interested in seeing the Grand Canyon, so my husband and I planned a trip to do just that. When I say "planned", I mean we decided to go! Our original thought was to get in the car and drive from Dallas, Texas to the Grand Canyon...(I am a very spontaneous person!) Just 10 days before our planned departure, a series of events led me to do some research about hotel reservations and tours of the Canyon and we decided that we might need a real plan after all. Was just about to book a train trip through the Canyon, when I stumbled on Adventures Southwest. From their description, I felt that this tour would allow some of the flexibility we were looking for, rather than being stuck on a train the entire time, so I booked our tour.
When the day arrived, Bob (our guide extraordinaire) picked us up at 8:00 in the morning from our hotel in Flagstaff and off we went for our Grand Adventure. It was wonderful having someone drive us to the Canyon and around it, stopping at strategic lookout points, and setting up his telescope to show us highlights at various points. Not only was Bob very knowledgeable about the aspects and history of the Canyon, he answered all of our questions about its stratigraphy and formation. The tour was on OUR schedule, with Bob allowing us to linger at various spots when we wanted. About halfway through the day, Bob set up a very nice picnic lunch and then we resumed the tour. On the way back to Flagstaff, he even pulled over at my request for a stop at a Navajo trading post.
Bob was an excellent tour guide and we are SO glad we had him to enhance our adventure. If you are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon, I highly recommend Adventures Southwest!

5  Thank Penny A
See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2015

We booked a day tour of the Grand Canyon and are so happy we did. Drew is a professional, and his company is a class act! Our tour-guide, Bob, was friendly and quite knowledgable and took us to some amazing Vistas all over the South Rim throughout the day. It was just incredible beauty. He brought a spotter telescope so we could see things way down in the canyon, and told us many interesting facts. There were only two couples on this tour so we felt it was all for us. We had time at all the sites to take pictures and walk around at each stop, not rushed at all. Bob also brought a picnic lunch that was delicious and we ate close by the Indian Ruins.
Forget driving to the Grand Canyon,and worrying about possibly missing something. Park your car in Flagstaff, get picked up in a comfortable 8 seat van and let the professionals show you the canyon, you'll be happy you did! We certainly are! (Thank you Drew for mailing me back my souvineers I left in the van so quickly, it was really appreciated!)

3  Thank Mcretd