“Brisket to die for!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Had an excellent family dinner here. The brisket was tender and smoky. The ribs were wonderful, and the fried ochra was superbly prepared. Don't let the appearance of it being a "fast food" restaurant deter you. This is authentic BBQ! Even the corn bread was lovingly baked. We would eat here again for sure.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Visited on a Wednesday night around 8:30pm. I was a bit concerned because I do not eat red meat, but I do eat Chicken. My friends really wanted the down home BBQ ribs, pulled pork and sausage links. I ordered chicken sliders and a side of sweet potato-tots. Just enough food for me at the later dinner hour and really good. My friends loved their meals and really enjoyed the Mac n Cheese.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

We arrived around 7:40 pm on a Wednesday evening. There were only a few people in the place at the time. The process: A: order your food from the menu on the wall just inside the second door. B: Find a place to sit and wait until they bring your food to your table. We were allowed to taste some of the tap beers before deciding on the one we liked. The portions were perfect, just enough to fill you up. I ordered the 2-meat plate with brisket flats, baby back ribs, smoked beans and a cornbread muffin. The brisket was not melt in your mouth tender but still delicious. The rib meat did not fall of the bone, just the right amount of tug. The meats came with a drizzle of barbecue sauce so if you like your meat without sauce you need to make that request when you order. One person in my party ordered the pulled pork sandwich with macaroni and cheese. The sandwich was said to be delicious. Bread, pulled pork and sauce, no coleslaw on the sandwich. The macaroni is homemade and was really cheesy. Also said to be delicious. The other person in our party ordered the brisket point, a hot link and macaroni and cheese. The brisket was very good; however, the sausage was said to just be okay. The remaining person in our party had a chicken slider and sweet potato tots. Also said to be delicious. I would make it a point to go back to this place the next time I am in Flagstaff to try some of their other selections on the menu.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

We had a great night of dinner enjoying this food and playing some family games. Order and pay at the door and food is brought to your table. They have Sandwich combo, Plate combo or kids combo. Each with a side. Mac N Cheese is most popular, and I thought it was OK. Fries have pepper on the, so probably not a good kids choice. Cornbread = good
They have a hutch of board games to play or coloring pages while you wait. Although we didn’t get to play much before food was brought out.
And a couple TVs with shows on that we enjoyed.
Not huge portions but just right. We didn’t leave hungry

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Located in the Sherwood Forest Shopping Center Hickory's is a family friendly restaurant with good prices and a nice casual atmosphere along with a helpful staff. Order at the counter and the food is brought to you. We (2 kids, 1 adult) all had sandwiches and a side and bill came to about $35. The pulled pork was tasty as was the Brisket Flat. The Brisket Point was a little more fatty (as it is supposed to be) and absolutely mouth watering. The potato salad and cole slaw were both a little tangy and also good as were the fries which were perfectly seasoned.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Hickory's Smokehouse BBQ? Share your experiences!