“Hits the spot”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Prescott, Arizona
“Hits the spot”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at a rainy weekday right at noon. We had beef brisket @ pulled pork sandwiches. Excellent, & we enjoyed the sides. Loved the fried okra, crisp & not oily. Pinto beans with kick. Great service. Wished there were people in to support nice local place. A find amongst all the chains.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank booked2go

AZ
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Granted it was 2:30 on a rainy Saturday Labor Day Weekend and the lunch hour was over but the place was empty except for 2 middle aged guys who looked perfectly matched to the college football on the flat screen TVs. I had the brisket, cole slaw and beans. I've had better brisket (my own) but this was good, encountered one small piece of fat. The BBQ sauce very good. Cole slaw was crisp and fresh - it had a funny taste but I'm hoping it was an unfamiliar herb and not something else & ate the whole thing. The beans (cowboy style) were great. My husband said his pulled pork was excellent but the bun tasted like it was pulled out of a plastic bag (which it probably was) and made a suggestion that the chef toast or steam it before serving. His sweet potato tots were good, different. Can't say anything else negative - we were hungry and looking for a good meal and we found one here. Additionally, the service was very attentive and accommodating. The place was clean and the price equaled the value.

• Visited August 2013
Arizona
“nice environment, but”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

On my one visit there they left a TON of fat on the meat. To the extent that I really couldn't enjoy it.
But other reviews seem positive...perhaps this was an anomoly.

• Visited April 2013
Santa Clara, Utah
“Pretty good BBQ”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm a BBQ snob, having been raised on the Alabama's best. This wasn't bad. Husband had the pulled pork plate and I had the beef brisket plate. Our sides were the sweet potato tots and cole slaw. I thought the beef was better than the pork, which is usually the opposite. The plates came with a roll that we used to make a mini sandwich and still had plenty left over to eat plain. The tots were OK, wasn't quite what we were expecting after reading the review. The cole slaw was super delicious. They put a little citrus in the dressing that is butter milk based. Next time more slaw! For the plates they serve the sides in their own paper cups. Service was very attentive as the place wasn't crowded at all. Of the two BBQ places we tried on this trip to Flagstaff, we liked this one better. We may be back.

• Visited June 2013
Marietta
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place has no atmosphere but who needs it when you're chowing down on BBQ. My wife had the pork plate and I had the brisket plate. Both the meats were great and the sides of fries and cole slaw covered the plate. I also had a salad that could have been a meal in itself. Service was fast and attentive. We went here because of the excellent review it received.
Thank the Lord for smart phones.

Visited May 2013