“Best Place to Find Peace and FUN!”

Historic Hitchin' Post Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We provide horseback trail riding for Walnut Canyon, Flagstaff, Arizona area, and if you want to experience the best horses, the best scenery, the best wranglers, than you don't want to miss a day of riding in the Coconino National Forest. This is the largest National Forest in the US, and it has miles of horseback trails with scenic beauty, spectacular views, quiet solitude, and the Arizona Trail is accessible from our stables. 1 Hour Ride = $55; 2 Hour Ride = $100; 3 Hour Ride = $150; Fall Wagon Rides Adult= $45; Child= $40 (children 2 and under ride for FREE) Cancellation Policy-Being a small business, we need 48 hours notice for a cancellation or reschedule. If less than 48 hours is given, we charge for the horses you have reserved.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was introduced to The Hitchen Post Stable by boarding my horse starting in April by May I was guiding trail rides! So what started out as business ended in Friends! I love the staff and all the animals are very well taking care of! Happy horses make a happy ride! I am a breast cancer survivor and found much needed peace at Hitching Post. I loved our clints and I know that all the staff feels the same way! What ever you are looking for, you'll it at The Hitchen Post! The Hitchen Post Stables is what every trail ride should be like! Beautiful canyons , trails, and the views are breath taking!!! I miss all of my friends and will visit Hitchen Post in the years to come.
Thank you Hitchen Post for helping me find peace and happiness! I no longer work or board my horse here, I moved. However, as a former customer and employee I have strong feels of love and fun to last a life time!

All reviews
in 82 reviews
"novice"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I took a sunset trail ride with our guide, Pete. He was a lot of fun and made us very comfortable. The people at the stable love what they do and the horses were gentle and well cared for.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We took our three and six year-old granddaughters for a ride here, while on our family vacation. The staff took great care in making it a fun experience for the girls, including taking them around to the stables to see young colts. The cost was fair and reasonable and the overall experience was quite positive. The girls wanted to return multiple times during our stay in the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I took my developmentally disabled adult brother, who fancies himself to be John Wayne Jr, for his first horseback ride at Hitchin' Post Stables while on our Arizona vacation. Having had a bad experience on a horse myself, 30 years ago, I swore I'd never climb on one again, however, I'd do (almost) anything for my brother. Our guide, Rebecca, was fabulous. She chose our horses carefully, was extremely kind and accommodating with my brother, who does not follow directions very well. At one point, when he started to sing (as only he can do) Home on the Range, she joined in with him. She took photos on her cell phone of us and sent them to me within a hour of our leaving. It was such a great experience for both of us. I am extremely pleased and would go there again, were we to be back in the area. Thank you Rebecca and Hitchin' Post Stables.