“Good Lunch”

Teppan Fuji
Ranked #231 of 348 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Bento Box lunches and sushi are a good value and very well prepared, No complaints. Server needed help--much too busy for one person to handle the lunch crowd.

There are newer reviews for Teppan Fuji

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I nearly went to Taverna (a few steps away) but as a solo diner, I decided that a sushi bar lunch would be better. Wrong!

I had an all nigiri sushi lunch for myself and took three maki (rolled sushi) to go. The sushi chef looked unfriendly and barely grunted when asked about the hamachi (yellowtail). And no, it was not good or fresh. [Wish I hadn't ordered six pieces.] The mackerel was old and dry as an old shoe. The octopus and giant clam: both old and insipid. The portions were some of the smallest I've ever had -- and in thirty years I've eaten sushi from coast to coast. This stuff was far from fresh and bland as grocery store sushi.

The rolled sushi was O.K. since the tired fish was masked by all the sauces and other ingredients.

The other patrons looked like they came off a bus tour. Lots of smiles. Probably their first sushi experience.

No thanks. Not cheap, either. For good sushi in Flagstaff, I'll continue to frequent Karma or Hiro's.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I just tried Teppan Fuji for the first time a few weeks ago and it was amazing. It is in a strip mall, so I didn't expect much. I was so surprised. The decor is very nice and the food is wonderful! We ordered edamame and three different sushi rolls. All were terrific and the prices were very reasonable. The owner is really nice, too. This is my new favorite place!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've gone to Teppan Fuji every weekend for almost a year, and that probably won't change any time soon. The great thing about Teppan Fuji is the staff. I know them well at this point, and they're always prompt, considerate, hard working, and diligent. The sushi chef (Jason) is AMAZING. Not only is he a really funny guy if you're lucky enough to sit at the bar and talk to him, but he also makes fantastic sushi.

They have this deal on the weekends, two rolls for $10 off of this list. The list includes crunchy rolls, golden california, las vegas, and many other normally expensive specialty rolls. Seriously, if you want fantastic, fresh, tasty, cheap sushi with great service (and REALLY good sake) then this is the place for you :)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Fresh, fun, Nice, Fast. Best Japanese steak in town. Nice family and couples place. Great price, especially on wednesdays... Whe you get fed up trying Tavernas Greek next door (and you will, go here and get a smile!

Been to Teppan Fuji? Share your experiences!