“Good Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We were so hungry when we ate here. Service was fast, friendly and food was good!
If I lived here I would stop and dine here again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

On the way home from an outing to Lake Mary, my girlfriend and I went online to find a Mexican cuisine restaurant. After looking at the reviews of about a dozen dining options, we chose Plaza Bonita in Flagstaff. We arrived shortly after happy hour and were greeted warmly by the hostess and seated immediately. Angela, our server, was at our table within seconds to ask our drink preferences. Jaimito arrived moments later with a basket of tortilla chips and a tasty salsa followed by Angela with our drinks. While we were making our selections, Jaimito kept our chips and salsa filled and fresh and Angela checked with us periodically until we were ready to order. We both had the Deluxe Burrito Combo, however my girlfriend is allergic to cheese and sour cream. We asked that these items be excluded from her meal, mine was ordered as presented on the menu. Jaimito continued to keep us supplied with chips and salsa while we waited on our entrees, which arrived in short order and hot. Angela delivered the meals graciously and cheerfully, making sure to warn us that the plates were warm. The meal was perfect; my girlfriend’s preferences for her allergies had been dutifully attended and both were hot and delicious. To Angela, Jaimito and the entire staff of Plaza Bonita of Flagstaff: you provided an amazing meal and outstanding service, Thank You all!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tried this place based on Tripadvisor comments. What a waste! Food was mediocre at best, sloppily prepared and presented with rushed service. Margaritas were the only good thing here.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was staying in Flagstaff and searching for a restaurant when I spotted Plaza Bonita. Being in the mood for Mexican Food I stopped in and it turned out to be a wonderful choice. I was seated in the large festively decorated diining room. Bright cheerful colors, a mounted Bison head on the wall and attractively painted chairs and artwork on the walls. I started with a beer (Corona) with a twist of lime. It came quickly and I was happy with that, as did the hot chips and salsa. The chips were great but the salsa could have been thicker for my taste. The chips and salsa kept coming and the waiter asked if I wanted another beer. I ordered the Fajitas and choose the marinated chicken. Chicken and beef were the options. It was $11.95. It took awhile for the meal to be served but when I tasted how fresh it was, it was understandable. The portion was enormous and could have fed two. I finished my meal with desert. The Chorros, sugar and cinnamon with a scoop of ice cream topped with whipped cream, chocolate and strawberries. It too was fresh and delicious. TV, full bar, easy parking and clean bathrooms added to making this an enjoyable experience. I would try it again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place is disgusting. We ate here just recently because they changed their name. We thought maybe it was under new ownership. Before when it was Casa Bonita we ate there once and found a finger nail and hair in our food. After that we never went back until just recently. The staff was horrible. the food was horrible. I had melted sandwich cheese on my food. I thought this is a restaurant not a sandwich joint. The food tasted nasty no flavor at all and food was overpriced. I will never be returning here.