“Wonderful”

Dining options: Reservations
Goodyear, Arizona
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went with friends from out of town. The "seafood indulgence" was wonderful. I would have that again. Best scallops I have ever eaten! Others enjoyed the Mahi Mahi.
Booths are very tight, not comfortable for a large person, so may need a table in the back section. Booth tables do not move.
There are also some nice surprises with the meal. No hints to spoil the surprises.
We went early. It was quiet, we had the whole back area to ourselves.
Very nicely decorated, very cozy.
About $50/person for meal, wine & dessert.

• Visited August 2013

tucson
“Excellent meal and service.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just had a very pleasant dining experience here.The menu is extensive and the side dishes are innovative, not the usual run of the mill. We were very happy with the seasonings. Unlike the previous reviewer we do not like our food salted, after all those who desire more salt are free to add their own and we have had many meals spoiled by heavy handed salting. Our server was very efficient and friendly. We would recommend this restaurant for a good dining experience in attractive atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Pretty but does not deliver.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have now been here twice. I enjoyed the first visit more as the food was better then. I will give the restaurant its due in that it is not easy to do fine dining in Flagstaff. Everything looks good, but the flavor of the dishes just falls short. Everything we ate tonight needed more seasoning. We tried a variety of happy hour dishes tonight to do a sampler style of dinner. The fondue was thin as the cheese had not been mixed in well. The shrimp tacos were the best part of the meal. The shrimp and sausage jabalaya was the prettiest dish we had with a deep yellow saffron color to the rice, but it desperately needed salt and some spice, The beef tips were bland and my wife hit multiple grizzle pieces while I got one myself. The mushroom saute was good but the polenta cake they were served on was also bland and a bit crusty. i really want to like this place (and I will say that I loved my scallops last time), but if all the 5 star ratings are to be believed, I must really be snakebit on showing up for bad evenings. Our waiter was friendly if a bit new to fine dining this time. Perhaps the secret is truly to stick with just the seafood dishes, but my desire to come back and try again is getting pretty limited.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprised”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was craving sea food, which is not a Flagstaff forte. I wanted something different too. I found Cyrano's on line. They're menu looked good, but I was skeptical. Wow, what a surprise! From the outside you wouldn't expect this place to be a fine dining establishment. Don't judge a book by its cover. From the decor to the food, this place is superb. I started with a cocktail and oysters. Delicious! My girl friend ordered a crab cake and margarita. Delicious! For the main course cioppino and the seafood indulgence. Topped with a glass of wine to finish the night. Excellent service, excellent food, excellent experience. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank psyguy27
“very pleased again”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited Cyrano's again for the first time this season & were so pleased that the food is just as good as it was last year. We took some friends who had never been & they were surprised by the depth of the menu & by the quality of the food. The lamb chops were so good! Be sure to save room for dessert as the creme brulee trio is a must. Our server was efficient & so friendly. And as always, the owner, Julia, took the time to speak with us. Do not miss this special Flagstaff restaurant.

• Visited May 2013