“Pretty but does not deliver.”
Review of Cyrano's - CLOSED

Cyrano's
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have now been here twice. I enjoyed the first visit more as the food was better then. I will give the restaurant its due in that it is not easy to do fine dining in Flagstaff. Everything looks good, but the flavor of the dishes just falls short. Everything we ate tonight needed more seasoning. We tried a variety of happy hour dishes tonight to do a sampler style of dinner. The fondue was thin as the cheese had not been mixed in well. The shrimp tacos were the best part of the meal. The shrimp and sausage jabalaya was the prettiest dish we had with a deep yellow saffron color to the rice, but it desperately needed salt and some spice, The beef tips were bland and my wife hit multiple grizzle pieces while I got one myself. The mushroom saute was good but the polenta cake they were served on was also bland and a bit crusty. i really want to like this place (and I will say that I loved my scallops last time), but if all the 5 star ratings are to be believed, I must really be snakebit on showing up for bad evenings. Our waiter was friendly if a bit new to fine dining this time. Perhaps the secret is truly to stick with just the seafood dishes, but my desire to come back and try again is getting pretty limited.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was craving sea food, which is not a Flagstaff forte. I wanted something different too. I found Cyrano's on line. They're menu looked good, but I was skeptical. Wow, what a surprise! From the outside you wouldn't expect this place to be a fine dining establishment. Don't judge a book by its cover. From the decor to the food, this place is superb. I started with a cocktail and oysters. Delicious! My girl friend ordered a crab cake and margarita. Delicious! For the main course cioppino and the seafood indulgence. Topped with a glass of wine to finish the night. Excellent service, excellent food, excellent experience. We'll be back!

1  Thank psyguy27
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited Cyrano's again for the first time this season & were so pleased that the food is just as good as it was last year. We took some friends who had never been & they were surprised by the depth of the menu & by the quality of the food. The lamb chops were so good! Be sure to save room for dessert as the creme brulee trio is a must. Our server was efficient & so friendly. And as always, the owner, Julia, took the time to speak with us. Do not miss this special Flagstaff restaurant.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Cyrano's is a bit of a surprise for Flagstaff. It's location is odd, just off hwy 180 in West Flagstaff, a few minutes outside of the downtown restaurant area. It does not appear elegant from the outside, but when you enter, you can see that you are in for an upscale experience.

I had a gluten-free pan-seared halibut with capers along with peruvian purple potatoes. My wife had the vegetarian Napolean meal (made vegan style). The restaurant is very accommodating to dietary restrictions. They also have kids meals there that are really inexpensive. Though the atmosphere is not really geared to kids, they are welcomed there.

The waiters were extremely friendly and professional and the food was absolutely delicious. An overall excellent experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

i realize flagstaff is not a dining mecca but it seems as if cyrano's is trying to be top dog. the decor is modern and attractive and the ambiance is lovely. the service was over the top wonderful and the food presentation was beautiful. only problem was the food. it just didn't measure up to the aesthetic. several members of my party flat out did not enjoy their meal. but my husband was pleasantly surprised that a restaurant properly installed a countertop at a comfortable height. he happily left without breaking his back.