“Unfortunate experience”

Cyndie's Pizze
Ranked #279 of 353 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is the second time I have had Cyndie's pizza. The first time was awesome, I literally felt the pizza was so good that I would not continue ordering from corporate pizza establishments. However, this second time was a very unfortunate experience that resulted in undercooked pizza (raw dough) and soggy lettuce dowsed in caesar dressing. My roommate and I tried to be optimistic, but the pizza was so undercooked that the toppings slid right off the pizza and it was impossible to eat without utensils. I called and spoke to a women on the phone who was fairly unprofessional. I explained the situation and was told we could have a new pizza, but the pizza delivery service takes over 60 minutes. I politely asked for a refund after explaining how this was a disappointment after the excellent experience we had the first time. I was told that my card would be refunded, but the delivery driver would need to pick up the raw pizza. I had no problem with the pizza being picked up. Unfortunately, this experience became even worse after waiting over an hour and the pizza still had not been picked up. I attempted to call the restaurant back to find out if the pizza was going to be picked up still, but there was no answer. I waited 10 minutes and called back with my roommates phone (assuming they had caller ID and were ignoring my call on purpose). Low and behold.. with a different phone number, the woman answered. I asked if the pizza was going to be picked up still, and I was told they were busy and to put it on the porch. Overall this was a two hour debacle that resulted in wasted time on my part. I'm extremely dissatisfied with their service. I work in the restaurant industry and I would never ask to come pick up a to go order if a customer was dissatisfied, you take the customers word. I would think twice, maybe even three times before order from this restaurant. However, the dominos we ordered after our Cyndie's debacle was delicious, delivered promptly within 30 minutes. Thanks Cyndie's, your restaurant is the reason people choose to not eat local..

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I really tried to give this place a second chance. I ordered from Cyndie's months ago when it seemed as though they were going through a new management transition. The pizza was horrible. Fast forward to recently. I received a coupon on my door with a well thought out letter from the owner Omar pleading for people to give Cyndie's a try. The coupon was for a free caesar salad, free garlic bread, and free 2 liter of coke with the purchase of any 18" specialty pizza. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and try the Meat Lovers pizza. The first thing that bugged me was the customer service when I called to place the order. The girl answering the phones was incredibly hard to understand and I had to ask her to repeat herself several times. She told me it would be 35-45 minutes. The order showed up an hour and 15 minutes later only after the delivery driver had to call me because my address was wrong on the order. Now about the food. The salad was wilty and had soggy croutons and not nearly enough dressing. The garlic bread was cold and pretty flavorless. The biggest issue I had was the pizza. The topping were satisfactory. The sauce was not that flavorful. The worst part was that the dough was still raw! I can definitively say that I will not be getting pizza from here ever again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Called for delivery after getting a letter form the owner "Omar M. Castro. The letter states how much you are going to love his pizza and includes free garlic bread, free Caesar Salad and free 2 liter Coke...of course you have to read that it only applies to a particular size and type of pizza. Anyway we ordered what we like and it was delivered in the said time. I tipped the driver extra since we live in a very rural area but I would not have if I knew the pizza was going to be so cold. Also the driver carries not amenities like pepper flakes or parmesan cheese. After reheating the pizza we found that the whole thing was not worth eating it in the first place. It was so tasteless. Really for a sausage with red onion, the pizza it had very little taste. Very little sauce and basically I would have been happier with Papa John or Domino. I would not waste my money there because you would be throwing it away. When I read the other reviews of people that actually went to the locale I was horrified to hear how filthy the place was and then understood why my pizza was so crappy.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Aarin from the hampton inn referred us to this place and boy are we glad that we didn't get any thing else. They were very polite over the phone and the pizza WAS AMAZING. The only regret is the fact that we didn't order more to take home, because it was refreshing to have real ingredients and great pizza. GOOD WORK GUYS!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Returning to my home town is always a treat--especially to get acquainted with and try new places and attractions with family and friends. Our hotel had an ad for Cyndie's Pizza and Italian Food and since we were having a small family reunion, thought it might be the place for everyone to find something. While other family members went on to other entertainment, we took the grandparents and kids for a light dinner after swimming. We entered the place -- which was empty -- to a server that could not have cared less if there were customers! AND-- that attitude continued throughout the meal! We ordered wings for the guys, which were cold when delivered and thrown down at us---had to ask for plates and silverware. We had also asked for a small glass for a little one and were completely ignored so I got up and searched the counter for a glass. Additionally, we asked for no peppers on the pizza which -- when delivered -- had 2 kinds of peppers on it. Our waitress asked us if everything was ok and we indicated that we had asked for no peppers. Here response, "Yeah, it was on the ticket---do you want another one?" At that point we just wanted to eat and get the heck out of there. The pizza was just OK and an Italian sub was good, however, I would not recommend this place to anyone. If they don't want to deal with customers, they should stick to a delivery only menu. The place was also not very clean and very cluttered and dark behind the counter. While I try to support local business when we travel, this was a big disappointment and just feeds the bad "tourist town" image that no business can afford in this economy!

Been to Cyndie's Pizze? Share your experiences!