“Hidden Treasure on Aspen Street in Flagstaff, Arizona”
Review of Pasto

Pasto
Ranked #91 of 348 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Hidden Treasure on Aspen Street in Flagstaff, Arizona”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Looking for a quiet place to relax and enjoy lunch with a friend or group? You have found it in Pasto on Aspen Street in Flagstaff, Arizona. A friend invited me to meet her her for lunch and I was delighted at the prompt service and feel of the hidden outdoor dining area. It started to rain so we came inside and had the same quaint feel and finished the meal. I drive from Williams, AZ which is 30 miles away so am always excited to try different Flagstaff restaurants.

The photos below show the amazing presentation of the tasty starters! The cheese plate was fresh and light. The Portabella and Eggplant Fries are in a tempura batter served with a very light Baslamic dipping sauce and a must to try! Several starters and a cool drink make dining on the patio a wonderful Flagstaff experience.

The Turkey and Brie sandwich my friend had was very fresh and light. There was a lot of bread as you can see. The Mushroom Risotto was not good at all. Very sticky and too much olive oil on the side for the presentation. Presentation was beautiful and the vegetable toppings were wonderful

Fun place that makes you feel good so will try again and will try again with another entree.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing Italian in Flagstaff”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

On our way back to Phoenix after a long day of traveling, we decided to stop in Flagstaff for dinner and were having difficulty finding what we wanted. We parked in the Heritage Square garage and walked around finding saloons, and typical travel fare. While walking on Aspen st. we found Pasto, a very pleasant surprise. Promptly seated by a friendly hosted, we sat by the window and greeted by Francine, our waitress. We ordered a couple of glasses of Chianti and then a couple of pasta dishes on the menu. The spaghetti and meatballs my wife ordered were just like "Mama's" and the meatballs were full of wonderful flavor. In addition, the spaghetti was fresh, house made and the sauce had a wonderful marinara flavor. The mound placed before me was a melange of tomatoes, peppers, onions in Cavatappi (large corkscrews) and a large piece of Pasto's home made sausage on the top. Not certain that I could eat the whole thing, I even surprised myself by polishing it off. This was a great dish that reminded me of one I had in Italy. The bread accompaniment was crust and the large air bubbles you look for in Itlaian bread. It was served with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. We passed on the salad but neither of us left hungry. Francine recommended a dessert but as full as we were, we were going to pass and then decided on Chocolate, cheery crunch gelato. Once again, we were not disappointed. The price was very fair and the food excellent. Great find and I will go back again. We really liked this place and sure you will also.

1 Thank NicknAZ49
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Beautiful patio for Sunday brunch”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We have been here for lunch many times and it has been good and marginal but they got brunch right. The Bloody Mary's were excellent but they had a weird garnish (think sausages). I think this is a Flag thing because other restaurants In the area have weird garnishes as well. The eggs Benedict had the best hollandaise I have ever eaten. Light and lemony. My husband enjoyed the monte Cristo made his way and yes you can order the yummy fries with aoli at brunch. And you should. Way to step it up Pasto!!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Always good!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The dinning experience (environment; Service; Food & drink) here is always good!
Romantic table by the window, or on the back patio.
Appetizer - Eggplant frites! Choice of entries in small or large dish -- very nice! Excellent house red!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Why only rated #48?”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I totally agree with the last reviewer this should have a higher rating - we were so delighted to find this quality restaurant which we stumbled on for lunch. The pleasant outdoor patio was a surprise - which you are unaware of until you enter. Nice lunch selection and we felt it was inexpensive for what was offered. Look forward to eating there again as we will be moving to Flagstaff.