“Amazing Italian in Flagstaff”
Review of Pasto

Pasto
Ranked #80 of 349 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing Italian in Flagstaff”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

On our way back to Phoenix after a long day of traveling, we decided to stop in Flagstaff for dinner and were having difficulty finding what we wanted. We parked in the Heritage Square garage and walked around finding saloons, and typical travel fare. While walking on Aspen st. we found Pasto, a very pleasant surprise. Promptly seated by a friendly hosted, we sat by the window and greeted by Francine, our waitress. We ordered a couple of glasses of Chianti and then a couple of pasta dishes on the menu. The spaghetti and meatballs my wife ordered were just like "Mama's" and the meatballs were full of wonderful flavor. In addition, the spaghetti was fresh, house made and the sauce had a wonderful marinara flavor. The mound placed before me was a melange of tomatoes, peppers, onions in Cavatappi (large corkscrews) and a large piece of Pasto's home made sausage on the top. Not certain that I could eat the whole thing, I even surprised myself by polishing it off. This was a great dish that reminded me of one I had in Italy. The bread accompaniment was crust and the large air bubbles you look for in Itlaian bread. It was served with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. We passed on the salad but neither of us left hungry. Francine recommended a dessert but as full as we were, we were going to pass and then decided on Chocolate, cheery crunch gelato. Once again, we were not disappointed. The price was very fair and the food excellent. Great find and I will go back again. We really liked this place and sure you will also.

1 Thank NicknAZ49

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Beautiful patio for Sunday brunch”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We have been here for lunch many times and it has been good and marginal but they got brunch right. The Bloody Mary's were excellent but they had a weird garnish (think sausages). I think this is a Flag thing because other restaurants In the area have weird garnishes as well. The eggs Benedict had the best hollandaise I have ever eaten. Light and lemony. My husband enjoyed the monte Cristo made his way and yes you can order the yummy fries with aoli at brunch. And you should. Way to step it up Pasto!!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Always good!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The dinning experience (environment; Service; Food & drink) here is always good!
Romantic table by the window, or on the back patio.
Appetizer - Eggplant frites! Choice of entries in small or large dish -- very nice! Excellent house red!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Why only rated #48?”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I totally agree with the last reviewer this should have a higher rating - we were so delighted to find this quality restaurant which we stumbled on for lunch. The pleasant outdoor patio was a surprise - which you are unaware of until you enter. Nice lunch selection and we felt it was inexpensive for what was offered. Look forward to eating there again as we will be moving to Flagstaff.

Phoenix, Arizona
“DELICIOUS.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I decided to eat at Pasto without making a reservation, and they were able to accommodate us last minute even with a threat of rain, which took away all of their patio seating.

I'm honestly surprised this place is only rated #48 out of restaurants in Flagstaff. Our server was excellent, she took care of all our needs and was very professional and courteous. The food was absolutely amazing. I ordered the shrimp scampi, which was delicious, but I ended up stealing my husband's dish instead - the chicken ravioli. The flavors were just incredible. It was definitely rich but they have the option for a smaller portion at a cheaper price if you're interested.

We definitely recommend it!