“Excellent Food for Locals Also” 5 of 5 bubbles

Country Host Restaurant
Ranked #108 of 338 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Locally owned and operated since 1979. American Diner, food made fresh like home style cooking. Enjoy hearty food and be a part of the Local Tradition. We look forward to serving you and your family.
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Excellent Food for Locals Also”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Our visit was excellent. Our server, Anita, was friendly, fast & went over & beyond her duties to make our meal exactly what we wanted. The food was excellent and was only exceeded by the service. We live in Flagstaff and eat here quite often. Can't wait to try the Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas on the next visit.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
COUNTRYHOSTFLAGSTAFF, Owner at Country Host Restaurant, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thanks for the review. I am glad folks like you in our community support the local restaurants.

• Polish first
Walnut Creek, California
“Food and service rocks!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

We happened upon this diner because we wanted some local flavor of food while we were in Flagstaff for the day on a missions trip at NAOMI House near Jack Rabbit Trading Post and all the food we had satisfied our hunger for local food. When I travel one of the things I am always looking for is good fried chicken and their's was very very yummy :) The service matched the quality. They were a friendly bunch of servings with great attitudes. We will be in the area again next year and will very likely stop off for a bite to eat during our trip.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your input and we hope to see you again.
Phoenix, Arizona
“GRAND OPENING...More like grand flop.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we were somewhat disappointed that the old cafe with the trains that ran throughout the restaurant were gone, but we decided after a long trip to give the place a try anyway. We were greeted promptly by the waitress with "grab a seat anywhere". Which wasn't hard there were only two other people in the place. The decor was updated to appeal to a younger crowd is my guess. I ordered breakfast and my wife offered a chicken sandwich. I asked for my eggs over easy they were over cooked yet somehow undercooked. The portions were small compared to the old restaurant. My hash was ok nothing special. The hashbrowns were also just ok. My wife ordered a chicken sandwich and she pulled the sandwich apart ate some of the vegetables on it then made the mistake of eating a piece of the chicken. It was rancid. I would think a cook or "chef" would have the common sense to be able to smell the chicken and know right off if it's bad, but I guess not. The only thing good about the place was the decor update and the waitress. FLOP.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Slimpickens56
Roseville, California
“Home Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I love stopping at local diners when passing through towns, it beats eating fast food and gives you a taste of the area. I stopped here on a Saturday night because it is right off of the interstate and I was glad I did. I was greeted right away by a middle-aged waitress and offered my pick of the tables. I sat were I could watch the Weather Channel to see my destinations forecast. I was torn between the salmon dinner and the meatloaf but my server suggested the salmon and it was spot on. I will admit I had my doubts about a roadside diners salmon but it was cooked just right. My serve (can't recall her name) was pleasant and made small talk which is welcome on a solo road trip. Food and drink ran about $15.00 but there was other things for less on the menu if you are watching your budget. In all I would recommend this place

• 4 of 5 bubbles
COUNTRYHOSTFLAGSTAFF, Owner at Country Host Restaurant, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your review and we are please to hear that you enjoy local fare.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Breakfast All Day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stopped here at 2:30 in the afternoon and ordered the Farmer's Platter. The food was great and was only 3.99. Anita was an awesome waitress and brewed us some fresh sweet tea that was the best I've ever had. Great place to eat for good food and great service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
COUNTRYHOSTFLAGSTAFF, Owner at Country Host Restaurant, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your visit. See you soon.