“Best meal in Flagstaff!”
Review of Salsa Brava East

Salsa Brava East
Ranked #30 of 364 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We went to Salsa Brava based on TA reviews, and thank you folks! The atmosphere was comfortable and clean. The wait staff was friendly enough, but what I'd call very "focused". I would have liked a little more interaction with our server. Initially i thought she was rude, but ultimately I think she was just efficient, and talking to customers for any reason other than taking their order was not needed.

The salsa bar is a cool concept, and the food was excellent. Two members of our group got pork options, and it was certainly a hit. Tender, moist and juicy. The margarita's were excellent (at least the first round, the second round was not as good).

A good casual place to go relax with friends and family.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Help was gracious and attentaive - Good recomendations and familiar with the menus offerings. Great speciality Margarittas and great selection of other drink. My wiffe had a "Special" - salmon taco offering that was tasty, and I went for the Navaho ( Indian fry bread) tacos . Both selections were excellent ! -- Plenty of food !!
They have a salsa bar so you can help your self to a variety of mild to atomic sauce at your pleasure.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

After watching a TV show, spot lighting this place, I decided to drag my wife their during our visit to Flag. With the exception of the A/C being out it's a very nice place. Re-stuffing the booth benches wouldn't hurt. My wife had a combo plate containing a wonderful Chilli Relleno, a meat packed pork taco and a cheese enchilada. I had the Chicken Mole enchiladas with some grilled vegetable. The Salsa and my vegetables were the star of the meal. I'd love to know what seasonings they put in the veggies. They were WOW! My wife agreed. The food was good and tasty. I feel the Mole sauce could have had some spice to it, I think it was bland compared to the Salsa bar.
The only bad thing I can mention is the way they prepare their enchiladas. We both found the tortilla to be tough and hard to cut through. Basically they take a tortilla, heat it, put in the filling and roll it up and sauce it. To me that's the cheap way to make what should be a melt in your mouth food item. I've experienced it before but nothing as tough as these. My wife had to use a knife to cut hers. I just muscled my was through it.
If you go, it the tacos and salsa. You can't go wrong. I would have tried some of the items from the tv show, but there was so much to them, they didn't appeal to me like I thought they would.
I didn't take a photo because the presentation was just NORMAL for a Mexican food place.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We were lucky to get in on Mother's Day. The place was packed for dinner, but the wait wasn't too bad ... about 20 minutes. The salsa bar is the draw in my opinion. Lots of salsas to choose from. My favorite was the green tomatillo and it had a bit of a bite to it. We tried several salsas including the pineapple habanero (seemed to me the tomatillo was hotter that night). My husband had the Stuffed Sopapilla made with Indian Fry Bread, which in retrospect I wish I had ordered. He gave me a taste and it was very good. I ordered the carnitas and they were a bit dry. I would agree that the food would benefit from more flavor, but perhaps that is what they figure the salsas are for! Portions were HUGE. I could not finish even half of my plate (maybe because I ate so many chips and salsas before it arrived?!) I would definitely return.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We went here after seeing the restaurant on Foodnetwork. It's a pretty cool place.

Pros: Salsa bar is pretty awesome! You get to pick your own salsa. The pineapple habanero salsa is awesome! The rice and beans were pretty good. I really liked the sauce on the flan.

Cons: The portions are ridiculous. One plate of food is enough for three adults and the child size portion is the same exact size. The flavors are a bit bland. Needs a little more flavor.

All in all, the food is good if you want a great place for lunch and drinks.

Been to Salsa Brava East? Share your experiences!