“Great Visit”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped here for lunch driving through Flagstaff. The food was amazing and we loved the salsa bar! I even bought a cookbook on the way out. Will definitely stop back if ever in Flagstaff again.

There are newer reviews for Salsa Brava East

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is the only place in town that we eat Mexican food. I grew up in Texas and am a former chef. I feel their best dishes are their enchilladas, but everything is good. There is a reason that they're always busy.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I live in Flagstaff, and one of my favorite places in town is Salsa Brava! I can't say enough good things about it. The establishment was featured on the Food Network show “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”. You can find clips of the show on Youtube. Since the show aired, Salsa Brava’s menu now lists “What Guy Ate” next to the menu items featured on the show. While everything I’ve ever ordered there is fantastic, my personal favorite is the lobster and shrimp enchiladas. They are truly fantastic and are what I order almost every time I go. I also recommend their fish tacos and the stuffed sopapilla. I will say though that the only thing I DON’T care for is their enchilada sauce. It’s very bland. So I order everything with their signature cilantro sauce instead, which despite the name does not taste like cilantro. It is a creamy white cheese sauce that is to die for. It comes standard on my lobster and shrimp enchiladas, but I ask to substitute it on anything else that should be served with regular enchilada sauce. The cilantro sauce is a delight on the stuffed sopapilla. It is insanely amazing!! And the prices are very reasonable. Try it, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our last day in Grand Canyon country, we needed a place to eat before the trek to the airport in Phoenix. We stopped in flagstaff and, after a few attempts to find a place that was open at 3 pm and on a Monday, we serendipitously found Salsa Brava. What luck! The chips they brought were great--thin and crisp. They gave us a couple of little bowls for the salsa bar where we could try out the various freshly made sauces. We tried several but kept refilling our bowl with the pineapple habanero--totally delicious and spicy . We got the 14 inch quesadilla and the spinach enchilada...both delicious. We shared a key lime pie slice for dessert-fabulous. Our waiter, Connor, was attentive and efficient. A totally great experience! Question: why don't more restaurants have salsa bars?

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My son saw this restaurant on diners,drive-ins and dives and we were there for NAU family weekend. There were13 of us, we sat out in the patio and it was great. The service and food were outstanding. They have a great salsa bar and endless chips which if you knew my family is a big plus. I will come back here the next time I'm in Flagstaff.