“As Good As It Gets” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bigfoot Bar B Que

Bigfoot Bar B Que
Ranked #40 of 338 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It's about the food, not the fancy... real smoked meats with scratch made sides... add in fresh cobbler and a cold drink and you're sure to enjoy. Good for the whole family! Now serving Breakfast on the Weekends!
Jacksonville, Florida
“As Good As It Gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We spent a morning out at Sunset Crater and came back to downtown Flag both hungry and thirsty. Is this place good? Well, I asked to move it to Burlington, VT so I can have their food again when I get the Jones for their pulled pork. It is downstairs, in an old JC Penny, really a funky place, in the middle of other neat, hip places in this repurposed old store. Great pulled pork, delicious fried shrimp, perfectly done fries. Oh yeah, bring your appetite and enjoy their great staff serving you superb BBQ.

Visited September 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
“You'll probably have to ask a local where it is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

The locals know that Bigfoot's Bar B Que is located in the basement of the old J.C. Penny's building, but the only sign for the restaurant that you can see from the street is on the window of the converted store that lists the shops in the building, and the sign is in 3" letters, so it is easy to miss. It is definitely worth searching for.
The restaurant has a good selection of menu items, and all are smoked with hickory wood, with the exception of one of the sandwiches uses meat smoked using mesquite wood. I decided to go with the sampler platter which they call the BBQ Tour for $15. It included pulled pork, beef brisket and ribs. The beef brisket was excellent, great flavor and tendr, and the ribs were some of the best I've ever had in a restaurant. They were tender but had a crispy outside that was excellent. The pulled pork was fine as well, but it didn't stand out to me as much as the brisket and the ribs did. Onion Rings and sweet potato fries finished off the plate. Both were good.
Bigfoot's Bar B Que is an excellent choice if you are looking for great barbeque. It is a little odd that the restaurant is behind a chain link fence in the corner of a basement of a store, with the majority of the basement dedicated to retail. But barbecue is never supposed to be about the decor.
I've eaten bbq in the Carolinas, Kansas City, St. Louis, Memphis and even Seattle, and I would rank Bigfoot's at the top of the list for doing it right.

J C, Owner at Bigfoot Bar B Que, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dudley,
When a review like yours comes in , we like to share it with the managers & tell them "that's tall cotton." Thanks for your kind words, and thanks even more for your visit & taking time to leave a review!
Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent Food with Unique Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I dined at Bigfoot Bar B Que on August 2, 2013. It was a Friday night but we only had to wait a few minutes to be seated. The restaurant is located in the basement of a small mall but we thought it was cool. The food was served promptly and we all enjoyed it. The waitress was friendly and attentive. I recommend Bigfoot Bar B Que and would certainly return!

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Odd location, but AMAZING barbecue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I read past reviews on Bigfoot BBQ, and after trying the place for myself; I was glad I did! The BBQ was delicious! My family and I shared two double wides, and it was more than enough food for the four of us (we had leftovers). The brisket just melted in your mouth, and the ribs were perfect! I can't say anything bad about the place, the service was good; food amazing- it is just an odd location for a restaurant. I would highly recommend anyone to check this place out if they happen to be in the Flagstaff area.

Tours, France
“Original and yet classic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Big Foot Bar B Que is located in the basement of a shopping center,in the back of a clothing store. This place was excellent for its location and for the food. There are TV screens on which you can watch sports events. As for the food, we ordered the Double wide ($25) with three different bbq (chicken, beef and pork), some ribs and sides. Very good food and great service also. We could not finish the plate!! Definitely recommend this place!