“Really good BBQ”

Ranked #49 of 354 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: It's about the food, not the fancy... real smoked meats with scratch made sides... add in fresh cobbler and a cold drink and you're sure to enjoy. Good for the whole family! Now serving Breakfast on the Weekends!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Once you find Bidfoot BBQ in the basement of the building on the corner of Leroux and Birch - you have found a wonderful BBQ Joint!
Clever combination plates and side orders plus all the peanuts you can eat -and you get to drop the shells on the floor! Something you probably can't do at home.

1  Thank SolardaveFlagstaff

Reviewed April 7, 2013

While we were in Flagstaff for the night a friend who attends NAU recommended this spot to us, and let me tell you they were spot on. There was plenty of parking downtown so that wasn't a problem and finding Big Foot's was interesting. It's located inside a shopping mall downstairs right next to basement marketplace which is a clothes store. The menu was easy to read and straight forward and the atmosphere was really relaxed. I ordered the Catfish Fish n' Chips while my 2 friends ordered the pulled pork. Needless to say the food was great and the service was exceptional. It took a while for my food to come though because they had given my order to the wrong table but the waitress was quick to realize her mistake and immediately fixed this. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank TKonishi
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The food was really good I really recommend the Burt end ribs and their brisket. Food and service is excellent but the decor is ugly but it's a good place to spend money

1  Thank Setalla
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had the tour, the ribs were very moist and fall off the bone. The burnt ends were very tasty, excellent spice and smoke flavor. The pulled pork was dry and below average, and the brisket was good. When I go back, I'll stick to the ribs and burnt ends. The baked beans are spicy and delicious.

1  Thank NotTheFakeDeluxe
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The area is delightful, with active cafe/pub/restaurant night life and lots of interesting people on the streets. I enjoyed the quirky location, which is accurately described in other posts. I ordered a serving of ribs and a serving of pulled pork to take out. The service was fine and I watched sports on the large TV while waiting. Back at the motel we opened the food while it was still hot. The ribs were of decent meat and somewhat BBQ'd, but rather dry. There was a small plastic cup about 1/2 full, containing maybe 2 heaping tablespoons of BBQ sauce, not nearly enough to moisten the ribs. We put them in the fridge until we could buy a bottle of sauce at Safeway the next day, and then the ribs were OK. The pulled pork was a simple wad of meat wrapped in plastic with no sauce. It had a _very_ strong flavor of vinegar. I know that vinegar is sometimes put on pulled pork, but this was idiosyncratic and to me quite distasteful. The slaw was heavy on mayonaise and light on cabbage. The cornbread was on the sweet side, but I know a lot of people prefer that. All in all, I felt that I missed my chance for a nice meal in Flagstaff.

1  Thank Fringe_Gatherer
J C, Owner at Bigfoot Bar B Que, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Hi there, and thanks so much for taking the time to visit the BBQ & offer a review.

One of the great things about BBQ is that most people have strong opinions about it… and they don't mind sharing them. A lot of it is regional, some of it is just who’s BBQ you like best… Several years ago we visited Kansas City to taste some legendary BBQ. As the plane was taxiing to the gate, the BBQ talk started all over the plane. Strong opinions were loudly shared with near-religious fervor… no fist fights, but certainly everyone talking about BBQ had their favorites. We built the menu at Bigfoot knowing that most of our guests would have a prior favorite BBQ place… a first love so to speak.

Our goal is to serve a satisfying meal by preparing our food from recipes that we developed in house with inspiration from great BBQ places all over the map. Some folks like super smoky ribs, others think potato salad should be yellow. We know that we are not going to please everyone with every item on our menu, and we're bummed to hear that you weren't happy with the Carolina-Style Pulled Pork. Nonetheless, we value your feedback, and we hope that somewhere on our menu, there is a new favorite waiting to be found. We've recently begun to offer a KC-Style Pulled Pork: it's less tangy & more smoky, and it may be right up your alley! We hope you'll consider giving it a try!

We hope you appreciate our efforts in delivering a quality meal, and we respect different opinions and always welcome comments, criticisms and praise. Thanks for your review. For a laugh, check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTQfr_tyY