“Very good!”

Ranked #47 of 350 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: It's about the food, not the fancy... real smoked meats with scratch made sides... add in fresh cobbler and a cold drink and you're sure to enjoy. Good for the whole family! Now serving Breakfast on the Weekends!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Located in downtown Flagstaff, in a funky little basement space (shared with a clothing/accessory store), this restaurant was a great find for my family. Two of us are vegetarians so we were delighted to find this eatery with barbequed TVP. My husband got the Catfish Poboy and Garlic Roman fires and he said the poboy was very similar to the ones we've gotten in Louisiana, just delicious! He said the fries were also very good. My mother got the Rhemus Shrimp Sandwich with mashed sweet potatoes and she said it was "out of this world!" My sister got the Veggie Q Plate with potato salad and fried okra. She really liked most of her food, but the potato salad was so spicy she could only handle a couple of bites. We all tasted it and all agreed with her. I got Ted's Veggie Q Sandwich and Sweet Potato fries. Absolutely delicious! LOVED the no meat barbeque!!!! The fries were some of the best sweet potato fries I have ever tasted. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank Marie W

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant was hard to find, (a downtown building in the basement), but we were determined to eat here on our visit to Flagstaff. The atmosphere is like being in someone's backyard, with long picnic tables. :) Loud music or TV. It smells wonderful and food is good but really nothing special. I had enough food (pork plate with sides, but my husband's pulled pork sandwhich was very small. The beans & cornbread were ok. The pork was good as was the sauce.
You order at the counter and the server brings the food to where you are sitting. Our server was really nice. If they served bigger sandwhiches, it would have made a better impression but my husband was disappointed with the small sandwhich.

1  Thank chattykathy96
Reviewed October 29, 2012

1  Thank Rose R
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Not too much sauce. Great rub. The fried okra was by far best side. No frills. Hard to find but it was really incredible. Servers had big personality. I put my rep on the line for this place. If you eat ribs, ya get a good messy face. Who cares about atmosphere with messy face? You wash up n go home. Great food

1  Thank Tampafooddude
sbtc1968, Owner at Bigfoot Bar B Que, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thanks for the review! We're glad you liked our ribs and the okra. We take a lot of pride in our recipes and the preparation of our food... and we like to have fun while we're at it. One of our sayings from the beginning has been "pay for the food, not for the fancy!" ~John

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Where we are from in NE Ohio, you simply can't get good BBQ like this unless you make it yourself. This BBQ is cooked the right way, low and slow over hickory. Bigfoot's is in a funky location in the basement of Old Town shops on Leroux St. We had a thoroughly enjoyable and reasonable meal. Baked beans and cornbread were as good as the BBQ!

1  Thank Sean M

Sean, Thanks for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit to Bigfoot and our version of Hickory Smoked BBQ. ~John