“Slow Cooked Delight”

Ranked #48 of 350 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: It's about the food, not the fancy... real smoked meats with scratch made sides... add in fresh cobbler and a cold drink and you're sure to enjoy. Good for the whole family! Now serving Breakfast on the Weekends!
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Where we are from in NE Ohio, you simply can't get good BBQ like this unless you make it yourself. This BBQ is cooked the right way, low and slow over hickory. Bigfoot's is in a funky location in the basement of Old Town shops on Leroux St. We had a thoroughly enjoyable and reasonable meal. Baked beans and cornbread were as good as the BBQ!

1  Thank Sean M
sbtc1968, Owner at Bigfoot Bar B Que, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Sean, Thanks for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit to Bigfoot and our version of Hickory Smoked BBQ. ~John

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I'm not a BBQ lover so coming here wasn't my idea but I'm glad I did! The ribs are outstanding and the side dishes were good too, best of all it was very reasonably priced! It was just the right amount of food. It was beautiful the night we went and I wished they had outdoor seating.

1  Thank Lovemypfaff
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I love this place we go here every time we drive up from Phoenix. I always get the full rib rack with coleslaw, french fries, and cornbread with honey. The ribs are moist and have a great texture. The coleslaw has a little kick and the fries are always fresh. The cornbread is awesome with honey and butter. Don't go when it is extremely busy otherwise the food is not as good. I have been 4 times and the last time was on a day when the cardinals players were having a fan appreciation day and signing autographs free for kids. So it was very busy and we had to wait a long time for our food and the ribs were dry. The other three times were very excellent and I will not let the one bad visit ruin what I think of this place. I also had the peach and berry cobbler with icecream on top it was delicious and homemade! I tell everyone to visit this place when they go to Flagstaff; the food is well worth the price.

1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed September 9, 2012

tasty, unexpensive food (I really liked the ribs), original location (underground, no natural light..) and customers (very diverse!)

1  Thank carole l
sbtc1968, Owner at Bigfoot Bar B Que, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Carole,
Thanks for the review... we're glad you enjoyed your visit and your food!
John

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The BBQ has won awards and maybe that means I should have tried it, but I went for the chili which sounded delicious, but was only alright. It came to the table room temperature and with a burnt piece of cornbread. I had to ask for the sour cream to be delivered (which it was supposed to come with). The chili was very greasy, but the flavor was good. My soon liked his chicken strips, but didn't eat his very seasoned fries (not good to season kid's meal fries so much-but I thought they were good). We shared a size of mac and cheese, which was very cheesy and it tasted great with a bit of chili added on top. If I do go back it will be because someone I am with wants to go, because it was only alright not great.

1  Thank kirstent t
sbtc1968, Owner at Bigfoot Bar B Que, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Kirstent,
Thanks for visiting our restaurant and for your review. We're disappointed that you didn't enjoy your chili. Next time your in, try one of our hickory smoked meats... the pulled pork is a customer favorite and the beef brisket is my favorite!
John