“Perfect Route 66 Diner”

Ranked #35 of 356 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Classic fifties fun and fantastic food on historic Route 66. Breakfast, burgers, sandwiches, salads, steaks, chicken, pasta and old fashioned shakes, malts and sundaes from the classic fountain. Step into the 1950's at the Galaxy Diner. Remember the film stars of your youth or your parent's youth like Marilyn Monroe, Lucille Ball, James Dean, Judy Garland, Humphrey Bogart and John Wayne. See our walls of fame with over one hundred pictures and movie stills from the Golden age of film. Enjoy a fun atmosphere and a home cooked meal to the jukebox tunes of Bobby Darin, Pasty Cline, Elvis Presley and more! Experience 50's fun at the Galaxy Diner on Historic Route 66 Beer & Wine available.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This place is exactly what we were looking for on our Route 66 drive! We wanted authentic greasy 50's diner food and atmosphere & that's exactly what we got. The inside and outside has the authentic 50's diner look. We ordered burgers & fries with milkshakes and it was great. Exactly what you would expect. The waitress was really nice too.
My only complaint would be it was really dirty which is not what you want from a place you are eating at. Not dirty like all over tables and floors but around windows and baseboards. It is in need of a really good deep, deep cleaning.

1  Thank Kelly T

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This place was a blast! A real American diner that for us Brits was like stepping into a movie or TV sitcom (where was the Fonz?). The best thing was that this was the real deal on Route 66, not some place made up to look real. We thought the food was good and assume others did as well, as it quickly filled up with locals.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This fabulous diner is a must for a great start to the day as its superb breakfasts are a must.
We enjoyed a splendid Corned Beef Hash and Eggs,Bacon and Fired potatoes with a side order of toast and bagels which were all good.
The coffee was plentiful and both wiatresses were happy and pleasant at all times even though it was 7 in the morning.
The diner is tastefully decorated and is liking stepping back to the fifties.

1  Thank ANDY K
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Enter the diner and you are transported to the glorious fifties, including a jukebox playing fifties faves. Great ambiance. Very good food. Service can be improved if the waitresses were instructed to smile and be nice.

1  Thank Rgkattan
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Before heading out on an 9 hour drive from Flagstaff back to SLC, I convinced my wife that breakfast in a real diner would be a good idea. Wow, was I ever wrong, and I don't think she will let me forget it either. How a place can mess up on such simple fare is beyond my understanding. I believe when you sit down at a table in a diner for breakfast, a server should greet you in fairly short order to offer you a cup of coffee and present you with a menu. Not happening here. One of the specials on the breakfast menu was my favorite-corned beef hash and eggs any style. The menu described that hash as being homestyle so I decided to give it a shot. I asked for my hash to be well done and crispy and for my eggs to be poached. After waiting much longer than expected, our meals finally showed up. The hash was of the standard greasy canned variety and was certainly not cooked to my taste. The poached eggs were hard boiled with out the shell and the English muffin was barely toasted. I complained to our server who previously had spilled orange juice on my pants. She apologized and offered to replace my breakfast. Had I not been facing a long drive and desirous to get out of there and on the road, I might have accepted the offer. Instead she gave me a 10% discount on the meal which was basically inedible. I thought that taking it off the bill would have been more in line with what was proper, but I was in no mood to argue at that point. I should have listened to my wife and eaten in our hotel restaurant.