“Fabulous ambience”

Ranked #115 of 356 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

A good casual affair, fairly modern. The food was good but the atmosphere was wonderful with also great service. It was fairly quiet but it still had a great feeling

1  Thank NicoleBell3

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We decided to give this a place as it's located right downtown and had a great covered outdoor eating area. It has an Asian
Menu and I tried the General Tso with chicken. The plate had a nice presentation but I thought the sauce was way too sweet. My husband ordered the Curry and again it was too sweet for us. Nice place though to sit and people watch. Our server pretty much acted as though she didn't want to be there. All in all I would return for maybe a drink and light snack.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Super value at happy hour with a very good selection of food and drinks. New owners made the great decision to allow all tables to indulge (used to be limited to the back bar area). Directly next to the Heritage Square; can't lose.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My son and I needed sustenance after a hard day moving him, so we walked to downtown Flag. We were heading to a Thai restaurant before seeing Monsoon and deciding to give it a go. We had dined there once in the past and it was very good. They have a great patio and we found an open table, and lucky us, it was still Happy Hour with some good deals.

We had our drinks pretty quick and that was that. We did not order until 30+ minutes had passed then waited another 30+ to get our food, not good. Can't blame the waitress, she had the whole patio and ran her butt off.

The tempura green beans were limp and awful. The sushi was pretty good, the fried rice was actually more boiled with a bare minimum of veggies. We shared a main dish of General Tso chicken which was just ok.

My son writes restaurant reviews for a Flag paper and he always tries to accentuate the positive but there was very little to think positively about with Monsoon. From my observations, it is a great place for locals to eat sushi and slam Sake bombers, that seems to be the main event. So believe it or not, I would give it one more shot based on our first visit, and hope that we have a better outcome. They do need to get their game together but it may have been one of those bad nights we all have.

2  Thank Dano C
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I have been here many times and we like it. My wife loves the Chicken/ Lettuce appetizer. Very Good! Most of the fish is fresh and tasty. Some items are pre-packaged like the Eel for the Unagi. Most places are, though this time it tasted a bit old, which is typical being so far from the ocean. The Calamari is the same. Pre-breaded pieces that look more like fries. At least they weren't over cook and chewy. These were nice. For a middle of nowhere large town, the food is good, reasonably priced and healthy. It's a can't go wrong place to eat in Flagstaff.