“An embarrassment to downtown Flagstaff....stay away!”
Review of Monsoons Downtown

Monsoons Downtown
Ranked #120 of 352 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013

As someone who works downtown and eats out for lunch, I have to say that this place is one of the WORST! Not only was I called "honey" but the food was severely overprices and terrible. It was like eating food from a buffet on a cruise, seriously. Service took forever, even though I was one of three tables and I sent back my cucumber salad as I'm pretty sure it was from the night before and had way too much vinegar. I was really bummed about my $18 lunch, especially since I left hungry. What a wast of time and $, clearly, a tourist trap!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I like eating on the patio in the summer. The dinning room has a big screen TV which is very distracting, so I avoid it for indoor eating.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

....because that was the only good thing about it. Dog friendly patio was why we stopped. But heed our warning - don't eat here! What can you do to a green bean to make it not taste like a green bean? The chicken was so tough (obviously precooked and microwaved). Combine the two, and you end up with a dish that you can't chew and can't taste. Awful. This is the first review we have ever written on anything, anywhere, at any time. It was that bad. Don't do it!!!

1  Thank wanderer0826
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place started out as a very upscale restaurant. They did that job very well. Then they opened a second location downtown. Much lower prices. Same food but not as nearly as nice a restaurant. I'm not sure what they lost but... Now there is only the second place and it just lacks the appeal. Maybe this made good business sense but we don't go there anymore.

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a great spot to have some good food right in the middle of town and watch all the people flow by. Just don't expect anything resembling good service. This is the second time we have been here and the food has been good both times but the service has been awful. Forgotten drinks, forgotten food. The first time the hostess even forgot to tell the server that we were there. Prices are a little high for the product add that to lousy service and we probably won't be going back.