“Modest food at modest price”

La Bellavia Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 349 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Chicago, Illinois
“Modest food at modest price”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I walked from the conference center at lunch time because it was close, and stopped here because it was quiet (when we arrived) and seemed a little eclectic. The service was a a bit inept but in a friendly way. I had the quiche and soup of the day (spinach and artichoke, and french onion). The quiche was pretty dry, maybe over cooked or maybe just a poor mix. The soup was tasty, and contained a tiny amount of cheese and a few fragments of bread - it came with two crackers inside a little plastic envelope. I had a diet pepsi which came in a glass with a slice of lemon, which I appreciated. After a while, rock music was turned on for no obvious reason, and it was no longer quiet. We were back to the conference center after a total absence of 75 minutes.

• Visited March 2013

“Tucked Away”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

La Bellavia is a tiny little restaurant near the university. Get there early for breakfast because it's usually packed. The food is really good. My favorite is the huge list of different varieties of eggs benedict.

Visited January 2013
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Just OK”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had breakfast here and it was just OK. I was surprised regular bacon was not available, only Canadian. When my breakfast (scrambled eggs) was served, the toast was cold and the rest was not hot. My friend had a large pancake that looked good. Maybe the other breakfast choices are better than I had but I just wanted a simple bacon and eggs breakfast that day.

• Visited February 2013
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
“Breakfast Potatoes Are The Best”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a small hole on the wall place but you will love it. Breakfast potatoes remind me of my aunts potatoes - DELICIOUS beyond my best memories.

Northern Arizona
“No bacon (only Canadian "bacon") and fake syrup; need I say more?”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My friends LOVE this place but they don't mind lots of egg dishes (which are not for me). I'm a big french toast fan but I'm from Ohio and require real maple syrup. There's no better way to ruin a breakfast than with artificial maple syrup, yuck! Also, they only have Canadian bacon, no real bacon :(. One of the reasons I eat out for breakfast occasionally is so I can have some crispy bacon with my real maple syrup covered french toast!

They're usually really busy and have nothing but young servers who are frustrated with their job of having to multi-task, the standard-issue FLG sub-par service.

So, 3 strikes and I'm headed to Morning Glory on San Francisco St. I feel like this place is waaay over-rated but I don't care for eggs benedict, which is what everyone else raves about.

• Visited February 2013