“Less than average.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Typical for Flagstaff, I've tried eating there several times. I cant figure out why everybody thinks this best Mexican restaurant in town. The place is a dump, smells bad, overall dirty feeling, not much thought into cleanliness. The food seems slightly less than a warmed over hotel banquet plate. Basically slop!! The margaritas are very weak alcohol wise and have so much cheap sweet and sour you get a free case of heartburn with every glass. This place should be raided by the health department and shut down. Don't waste your time, money and intestines!!!

2  Thank James J
There are newer reviews for La Fonda Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Best Mexican food in Flagstaff!! We eat there frequently!! Very good food!! Staff is excellent and quick :)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Best Mexican food in northern Arizona. This is 1960's style food without todays chain type cousine. Wish they would open a location in Payson.

1  Thank jacob g
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've eatten at La Fonda for 30+ years. As always the food was delicious. I was there with a large group and some ordered drinks. When the waitress brought a bule raspberry margarita, she dropped it on the table and most of it went in my lap and on my grandson's leg. The waitress was more concerned about the spillage on the table than on our clothes. I finally had to ask for a wet towel. I spent about 10 minutes trying to get the blue out of my white and gray top. My pants were still wet and sticky when the waitress asked if I wanted a "dry shirt". I'm sorry by I'm a "large" sized lady and afraid that one of their La Fonda shirts wouldn't have been large enough. After finishing our meal, we were presented with our check. To my surprise, they charged us full price for my meal and my grandson's meal. No compensation for having to wear a margarita for the rest of the day. I'm sorry, but if I return to Flagstaff, I'm not eating there again, I will go to Kachina from now on!!!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We choose La Fonda on our first night visiting Flagstaff and were not disappointed! The food was great, and our server was very good! Food portions were also quite generous. We plan to eat there again during our week in Flagstaff!