“Mmmm...loved Breakfast here & wish I was closer”

Macy's Fresh Roasted Coffee
Ranked #1 of 24 Coffee & Tea in Flagstaff
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 10, 2013

So good! The feel of this place is a bit rugged bar mixed with coffee shop. We got lucky with a short line & someone leaving as we were ready for a table. I had a Chai Tea with Soy that was perfect. I could not finish my food despite my really wanting to enjoy the flavors. I had to try the gravy & biscuits which I wish I could replicate. They were great and vegetarian too! I also enjoyed an egg sandwich on a croissant. It was great & fluffy. Overall great experience that will bring me back as I make my way to Flagstaff again someday.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Best cup of jo you can get in this town or the next. Really satisfies.Buy a bag to take home you won't be sorry. food here is just okay.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have avoided Macy's for years because I'm just not willing to wait in line for half an hour to get some coffee. The trick is to make sure you have a good friend to stand in line with. The coffee is simply the best I've had anywhere in town. The "Macy's Special," a kind of mocha, is paralleled. And the all-vegetarian food is great - Only place to get good vegetarian biscuits and gravy that I know of.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Yes, the latte was delicious, as was the breakfast (scrambled eggs with veggies), but the thing that really impressed me was the staff. I visited there before dawn on a sub-freezing morning in early December, having just gotten off an Amtrak train. Macy's is a few blocks from the train station and I needed a place to get a coffee while waiting for sunup and a slight warm-up before continuing my trip on rural, possibly icy roads. I asked the guy behind the counter the best way to get to the road I was looking for. He thought about it a few seconds, then said, "I'll bring out the directions to your table in a few minutes." He did. He had taken the time to actually write the directions on a piece of paper, step by step, clearly and completely. And much clearer than my phone directions. I appreciated that so much. All the staff members on that early morning were pleasant, the service was quick and, like I said, coffee and breakfast were delicious. I will definitely come back next time I'm in Flagstaff.

2  Thank hereandnow_13
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I went here because of the great reviews. We found it just so-so. Small tired looking cafe with menus on the walls. We got the "pesto chicken" sandwiches and lemonade. It was okay, nothing special. We love vegetarian food, but this was nothing to rave about. The sandwiches came with blue chips and tiny tiny containers of salsa. The young woman who brought our food out, spilled my husband's chips all over the table. She did not say anything except a tiny "sorry". Did not offer to get him more, or clean up the mess she made. What kind of waitress or server does this???? Very, very sloppy uncaring service. It cost over $22.00 and was certainly not worth it. We were debating over going to the Wildflower Bread Company (which also has vegetarian dishes) or this cafe. We are positive we made the wrong decision here. There was nothing about this place that would ever made us want to go back again.