“Staff went out of their way to help”

Macy's Fresh Roasted Coffee
Ranked #1 of 24 Coffee & Tea in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Eureka, California
“Staff went out of their way to help”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Yes, the latte was delicious, as was the breakfast (scrambled eggs with veggies), but the thing that really impressed me was the staff. I visited there before dawn on a sub-freezing morning in early December, having just gotten off an Amtrak train. Macy's is a few blocks from the train station and I needed a place to get a coffee while waiting for sunup and a slight warm-up before continuing my trip on rural, possibly icy roads. I asked the guy behind the counter the best way to get to the road I was looking for. He thought about it a few seconds, then said, "I'll bring out the directions to your table in a few minutes." He did. He had taken the time to actually write the directions on a piece of paper, step by step, clearly and completely. And much clearer than my phone directions. I appreciated that so much. All the staff members on that early morning were pleasant, the service was quick and, like I said, coffee and breakfast were delicious. I will definitely come back next time I'm in Flagstaff.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank hereandnow_13

• Korean first
  • Polish first
United States
“Not good!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I went here because of the great reviews. We found it just so-so. Small tired looking cafe with menus on the walls. We got the "pesto chicken" sandwiches and lemonade. It was okay, nothing special. We love vegetarian food, but this was nothing to rave about. The sandwiches came with blue chips and tiny tiny containers of salsa. The young woman who brought our food out, spilled my husband's chips all over the table. She did not say anything except a tiny "sorry". Did not offer to get him more, or clean up the mess she made. What kind of waitress or server does this???? Very, very sloppy uncaring service. It cost over $22.00 and was certainly not worth it. We were debating over going to the Wildflower Bread Company (which also has vegetarian dishes) or this cafe. We are positive we made the wrong decision here. There was nothing about this place that would ever made us want to go back again.

• Visited January 2013
los angeles
“pretty good for breakfast . . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Good spot to have a vegetarian breakfast and some coffee . . .The space is small and a line will form quick, but otherwise no complaints.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“great menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Loads of vegetarian choices. We had breakfast here on way to GC and took sandwiches to go. Well packaged and super tasty. Shop is really cute and small, smells great. Had lovely relaxed breakfast. Good value.

• Visited February 2012
“Best Coffee in America (so far!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

OK, so potentially this isn't the best coffee in America - but if there's a better one, I just haven't found it yet! Honestly, a pretty special cafe latte was had here 3 days in a row on our recent vacation. It was flavoursome and full tasting and impressive.
The queues can get quite long but there is a coffee only queue on the left as soon as you enter and this enables those just wanting coffee to get in and out quite quickly.

• Visited January 2013