“Not really European but much more character than your local Starbucks.”

Macy's Fresh Roasted Coffee
Ranked #1 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Flagstaff
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This place was recommended by a few people to me and the glowing reviews on tripadvisor inspired us to give it a try. Very good coffee and hot cocoa for my girls. I had a couple of eggs with veggies and they split a hard cinnamon roll (which I warned up in microwave on common station) and a waffle with fruit. Food was fine, slow in coming out and really nothing all that special. Thought it all a bit overpriced too given that it's "fight for your own table," bus your own dirties (and the people before you too if you were lucky enough to procure their table by hovering), wipe up after yourself, get your own water and sit super close if not on top of those next to you. I'm not from Flagstaff but the place seemed to be filled equally with tourists and locals. Lots of aging (or aged) hippies and emancipated/somewhat unkempt ski bums seemingly having a good time and truthfully adding to the vibe. (And id say the staff fit the same description and were friendly and hard working). My only real gripe (as everything else, including the eclectic artwork and photography, unique ephemera and mismatched tables and chairs, just seemed to enhance the "character" there) was that the place wasn't particularly clean. Saw a staff member carrying through the main dining area a very dirty white 5 gallon bucket with a filthy lid. Not sure what that was for but shouldn't have been visible. Also peaked in the kitchen when going to restroom and again, saw it needed a good scrubbing, at the least. Station where silverware, sugar, napkins, etc were located shared with microwave and dirty gray bussing bins which were overflowing or not present needed to be cleaned or better yet - replaced. Anyway - I'd return for a beverage to go if in the area again.

There are newer reviews for Macy's Fresh Roasted Coffee

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love this place; it is my go to coffee and breakfast place when I visit Flag. I just spent two days there and made a point of walking to Macy's when it opened for the amazingly fluffy steamed eggs and spinach and my triple americano. As a vegetarian, I really appreciate the menu because I can have everything on it, and the coffee--which they roast-- is the best. I bought two pounds to bring back home to Washington DC because the coffee is better than I can get here, which says a lot. The place also has a great relaxed vibe that I love.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Better people watching than a Wal-Mart! Very eclectic crowd and good coffee. Macy's is clearly a fixture in the Flagstaff scene. Crowded even mid-morning on a holiday week. Kids enjoyed hot chocolate while we got two Americanos. I've eaten there before and enjoyed the quality and taste. you certainly get the odd character stopping by or wandering around but that's Flagstaff. Macy's is a good spot to hang out for a drink and take in the local populace.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

delicious fresh hot coffee, outstanding and quick barristas! even if the line is out the door, you will have your coffee in no time!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Vegetarian and vegan baked goods, coffee, tea, chai, etc. A great place to people watch, they also have chess and checker sets for a game with a cup of something yummy.