“Just Average Eats”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We ordered Yellow Curry and Gaeng Kari. The yellow Curry was flavorful and spicy. The Gaeng Kari is a cellophane noodle vegetable dish. It had a little too much fish sauce, but I did enjoy it. The soup my daughter ordered had raw veggies on top of a plain chicken soup. She didn't care for it even though Thai soup is a favorite of ours. My salad with Peanut sauce was a bit on the bland side, I added soy sauce and it was edible. The restrooms were clean and the eating area was pleasantly decorated in orange and browns. The music was mostly Thai music played softly in the background. The waitress was from Thailand and we enjoyed visiting with her while she served us. The entrance to the restaurant takes you into a bar. Restrooms straight ahead, turn right to enter the dining area. We ordered Mango with sweet sticky rice to go and enjoyed that on our way home. There are a few other Thai restaurants in Flagstaff, we will try another next visit.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor as we stayed a couple of night in Flagstaff. Searched for Thai food. Dara Thai was at top. Location is in a strange place. Kind of old dark industrial area. At dinner time it seemed so dark. Food was fresh and service was prompt. Ample portions. Definitey worth it.Decor has never been updated. Just go for the food. Good beer selection.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Read all the reviews before going, was not sure about it, but decided to take a chance. Really glad that I did. The food was excellent and you can determine the degree of heat on each item. I elected to go with a (4) out of (5) as both my wife and I like very spicy food. In the future I would go with the (3) rating. I was most impressed with the service. Not a single waiter assigned to each table, but all wait staff provide service to all tables. What a great concept, never any waiting. Highly recommend,.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

No wait, prompt service and excellent food. For each dish, you are asked how spicy you would like it...no surprises.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food came in lukewarm and colorless and not very flavorful. The veg spring rolls were greasy and overlooked.The serving staff was friendly but took a long time to serve,said it was very busy.
Quite disappointing Local folks later told us Pato is a much better Thai place to eat.