“A Kid-friendly brewpub”

Ranked #11 of 354 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Beaver Street Brewery was the first brewery to open in Flagstaff, Arizona in 1994. Since then they have cultivated a unique atmosphere for Flagstaff locals and visitors. The open kitchen creates a fun atmosphere where you can watch your food being made and entertain you on the on nights with a wait. The menu is full of classic American cuisine with a unique twist. We have a separate 21 and over bar - Brews & Cues with the same menu but with a more adult atmosphere and Billiards!
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Really great restaurant in Flagstaff -- a good stop with our kids on a western roadtrip. Checked it out based on the TripAdvisor rating (yeah for free wi-fi in hotels!), and thought the menu selections were great - even for our 4 and 7 yr olds.

From their great selection of beers brewed onsite, I had an oatmeal stout with vanilla added - like nothing I've had before, but it was great. My wife and I tried the specialty pizzas and the hit for the kids was the dessert titled DIRT (vanilla ice cream, crumbled oreo cookies and gummy worms).

Highly recommend the place - and no real wait on a Friday night just before 6p.

1  Thank Dan H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,484)

Reviewed June 17, 2008

This is really just your basic, standard slightly fancy brewpub. They've got the sandwiches with slightly esoteric ingredients, the traditional-with-a-twist appetizers, and of course their own beer.

I had the salmon BLT (with lemon-tarragon mayonnaise -- see what I mean?), and it was just fine; my wife had a jalapeno chicken special and liked it as well. But neither of us were blown away.

The beers (I had the red and the IPA; my wife had a very fruity raspberry one) were perfectly competent, but not going to win awards.

The ambience was your basic college-town brewpub -- a little rustic, a little quirky, but mostly traditional -- with the notable fact that it was very kid-friendly, with crayons and a kid's menu and everything.

This is better than Applebee's and its ilk, and if it's the kind of food you're looking for, you'll likely be neither disappointed nor especially impressed. That said, if I lived in Flagstaff, this could easily be a "comfort" restaurant, serving reliably good food in an unpretentious atmosphere.

(Oh, also they had a wood-fired oven with extensive pizzas -- with the requisite quirky ingredients -- on the menu. They looked good, but we didn't try them. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were a better pizza place than most of the town's actual pizza places.)

Reviewed June 7, 2008

I never really understood why everyone seems to love this place. the food is mediocre and I've gotten food poisoning more than once. After so many bad experiences I refuse to eat here again

Reviewed May 26, 2008

Stopped here for lunch on the way to Sedona.

Interesting and tasty lunch choices.

Much better than the average pub grub.

Reviewed May 12, 2008

we had pizza, two samples of beer, a salad, and the soup of the day - yummy yummy yummy!

Been to Beaver Street Brewery? Share your experiences!