“restaurant review”

Ranked #13 of 351 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Beaver Street Brewery was the first brewery to open in Flagstaff, Arizona in 1994. Since then they have cultivated a unique atmosphere for Flagstaff locals and visitors. The open kitchen creates a fun atmosphere where you can watch your food being made and entertain you on the on nights with a wait. The menu is full of classic American cuisine with a unique twist. We have a separate 21 and over bar - Brews & Cues with the same menu but with a more adult atmosphere and Billiards!
Reviewed October 23, 2012

we loved the Beaver Street Brewery...we stopped to stay in Flagstaff on our way to Bakersfield from Albuquerque...we love the atmosphere , the pizza was great, service was great and it had a great drinks....V. Taylor

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We stooped here for dessert after eating at the Flagstaff Brewery. Wish we would have eaten here instead. We split the triple dessert sampler and it was excellent. I tried one of their many excellent beers and loved it. Service was excellent on a very busy night.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Food: Wide variety - good oven-roasted pizza. All around- good/decent food. Yummy pot-pie.

Drinks: Good selection of beer on draft. Lots of local brews.

Brews and Cues is adjacent to the restaurant. I prefer to go there because they serve all the same food and drinks and have pool tables/tv's. More of a bar setting.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I'm not understanding the positive reviews for this place.

We are a couple in our mid-thirties from Seattle -- granted one of the top microbrewery locations in the country. But we trusted TripAdvisor reviews to lead us to a good lunch while passing through Flagstaff. We were misled.

The brewery is HUGE. Cavernous, in fact, and not at all cozy. Upon walking in, we were both struck by how dark and grimy the place felt. The carpet seems old and worn and the furniture is dated. We were seated over by the window, and it was still gloomy. Our server was prompt, as the place was not busy at all.

I ordered the raspberry wheat ale, which was good, but more like a cider than a wheat. My boyfriend had the IPA. He said it was good, not great.

I could not find anything on the menu that I really wanted, and ended up ordering a house salad. My boyfriend ordered the ham and artichoke sandwich with a side salad. My salad was totally uninspired. Yes, it's a salad, but it would be awesome to include something other than lettuce, tomatoes and red onions. Thank God my salad came with a basket of bread (baked in house), which was actually very good. Otherwise I might have starved. My boyfriend's sandwich was nothing special either -- a sub with ham slices on one side, artichoke hearts on the other, and melted cheese. Not bad, but not exciting or great either.

Overall a pretty mundane experience surrounded by dated, grimy decor. I get that this is a college town, but that doesn't mean that there are no expectations whatsoever!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We discovered Beaver Street Brewery 5 years ago when we were driving to Grand Cayon. BSB offers delicius and variety of food for lunch, dinner and is definitely a great late night dining option in Flagstaff.
We love this place very much and have returned for lunch or dinner every time we are in Flagstaff.