“surprise”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“surprise”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Funny what u get when u least expect it....a real treat, both price and quality. The chicken was moist and tasty ....the drinks were inexpensive and plenty. Very good home cooking S/W way.
Ck it out, u won't be sorry.

• Visited May 2014

Corona, California
“One of those pleasant surprises”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had asked the hotel staff in Flagstaff about a good Mexican restaurant and they gave my wife some confusing directions so we ended up on Route 66 and saw Kachina and dropped in. We found the food very good (my wife raved about the taquitos and I had a chicken enchilada/tacl combination). Margarita was good as well. Would go there again if we end up in Flagstaff.

• Visited April 2014
Springfield
“Kachina addict confesses”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I lived in Flagstaff for about 20 years, and my emotional food for this town was and always will be Kachina. The salsa choices - both perfect: one with avocado chunks throughout , one just a nice, firey red sauce. I usually mix them- both are sooooo tasty. The chicken enchiladas melt in your mouth- just perfect in terms of content, texture, sauce- add rice, beans and chips and salsa and voila- a very reasonable, delicioso dinner.
Additionally, over the years, the servers came to know me; many times they asked "The usual?" as I was pretty predictable. Having spent much time in Flagstaff, this is the one I enjoyed most regularly. There are other good places- but got hooked on Kachina! Have to eat here if I ever visit.

• Visited November 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Ate here 2 nights in a row!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family had eaten here previously and said it was some of the best Mexican food they've ever had, and when I went for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised that it really was pretty good (I had a chicken chimichanga with red sauce on top), and even came back the next day for more! haha. I'm from southern California where there is no shortage of Mexican food, and this was the better than the places we go to back home. I have to admit the ambiance isn't very nice, kinda dumpy/out-dated looking, but I'm not going out to eat for the decor.

• Visited August 2013
Arizona City, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lost loyal customer”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am a loyal customer but had problems on my last visit. Waitress took two orders at the same time. Told other customer their order would take longer because of the items they selected. Our order was simple but she brought in both orders at the same time. This was the first time I didn't get a refill or server didn't come by and ask if everything was fine. I get my bill and there was an automatic gratuity tip of $9. I asked owner about this. She asked if we had 5 persons. I said we had 4 adults and one three year old. Her response was, "he ate didn't he" and walked away. Never again will I eat at this establishment.

• Visited August 2013