“Ok but nothing special”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I took my wife and 3 kids here while on vacation due to great reviews and a recommendation by a local. The food was very bland and seemed to be overall unseasoned. The chicken in my meal tasted as if it had been boiled in water with no seasoning at all added. The chicken strips on the kids meal were even bland. The staff was very nice and helpfull.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have gone to Kachina for decades and have loved their green chili all that time. There has been something going on recently that I hope can be overcome so that there is a chance to keep going here for more years to come. Portions got smaller (although there is still certainly enough food) but prices did not change. People seem tired. Green chili is still good as is the avocado salsa.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Home style mexicanfood. If you like Taco Bell look elsewhere. Their mexican style chickenfried steak will satisfy the hungriest and then some try it with the green sauce.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Kachina Downtown is a family owned and operated Mexican food restaurant near downtown Flagstaff. Great variety and selections of all the traditional Mexican foods - tacos, tostados, enchiladas, tamales. I like their one-, two-, and three-item combination plates, where you can pick and choose your own combo with rice and refries. Be sure to have sopapillas with honey for dessert!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Always a challange eating with my hubby. I love Mexican and he doesn't! We were both happy at this restaurant although it definitely leans more to Mexican Cuisine than American. Atmosphere dark and not too cheery, but our waiter was excellent and gave us the best service of our trip.

Been to Kachina Restaurant? Share your experiences!