“One of my favorite places in Flafstaff.”

Oregano's Pizza Bistro
Ranked #16 of 345 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chandler, AZ
“One of my favorite places in Flafstaff.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I don't give out 5 stars very often, but this chain get them. If you are a fan of good Italian food this place rocks. It’s always busy, which is one of the best indicators of their success. Don’t go if you’re in a rush. They make the food to order, and it takes time to make many of the items. Plan on 1 to 2 hours for dinner. There will be a line to get in, it’s worth he wait.

I have been to 5 locations in this chain, and they are all great. I have never had a bad meal. I love the fire wings, and even the honey mustards are very good. They are the only wings my wife will eat. They only serve the drums, and they and BIG and meaty. The Pizza is all good. I really love the Stuffed Pizzas. The lasagna is the best I’ve had in any restaurant outside of Chicago. My favorite thing at this time is the Big Beef Salad or Sandwich. Thin sliced ribeye that is juicy and delicious. Make sure and bring your appetite the portions are HUGE.

The only issue with this chain is that MOST of their sites have limited parking, and Flagstaff is no different.

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Pizza at 7000'”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

There is a reason this place is popular: great staff, delicious pizza and lots of fun. The property is small and fills up fast and they do not take reservations. If you arrive after 5PM there might be a wait. I understand they also have take out.

• Visited November 2013
Surprise, Arizona
“Just OK”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The food was just OK. Oregano's has a good reputation in the Phoenix area but this place did not live up. The pizz crust was black and when I complained the manager (Shelby) told me that was how it was served. On top of that I was overcharged for the pie and she told me it was because I ordered extra garlic when I ordered NO garlic. My husband's pasta was gooy and cold. The customer is never right in this place. Not worth the one hour we had to wait to be seated.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank murraygirl29
Sarasota, Florida
“Definitely make this one of the restaurants you visit in Flagstaff”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The pizza here is delicious...extremely flavorful with LOTS of variety. You can dine in. The atmosphere is fun and relaxing, very casual. Or you can order take out...they are very busy so they will give you a time to pick up your order. They are right on time. The staff is AWESOME! They are kind, efficient, and helpful (bottom line...they are hard workers with a genuine smile). We had traveled a long time on the road, and this place made our night so much better. Parking is limited and the wait was long (Friday night, as with any place in Flagstaff), which is why we ordered take out (no delivery).

• Visited October 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona
“One of my favorite places!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Oregano's is one of Flagstaff's favorite's and is one of mine as well. I really enjoy sitting down to have a bite to eat there with my wife and some of our friends. The ambiance is that of a local home-town place and that is just what it is. The staff are always friendly and the service is always good.

The last couple of times I've been in there, I've been getting a pizza to take home. It is always nice to be able to sit, have a beer, chat with the staff and other patrons while I wait for my order. I almost always get the "Aunt Margarita's Pizza", a thin-crust pizza with fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. I like some meat though, so I get some sliced meatballs on it too. It's fabulous! The crust is nice and crispy and the pizza is full of wonderful flavors. (I keep trying to get them to call this one a "John's Special", but they haven't taken me up on it yet.)

Another of my favorite's is the "Alfredo the Dark" which I get with chicken added. It's a creamy Alfredo made with Poblano chiles to give it a nice kick! I also highly recommend the Italian Flag Lasagna, again, a rather spicy dish. (I like spicy, by the way.). If you want something not quite as spicy, the Roasted Garlic Chicken Lasagna is excellent as well. Appetizers are always good here too - I highly recommend the Toasted Ravioli! The Boom Dip is really my all-time favorite spinach-artichoke cheese dip (I can't make it better myself).

I have been a steady customer for a long time, and I have rarely been disappointed in their food. On the rare occasions that something has not been right, they always bend over backwards to make it right. What's nice is that it is a rare occurrence when they do need to fix something. But when it does happen, they make it right.

Oregano's is always one of my "go-to" restaurant. When we want to eat out, or take a friend out or someone who is visiting from out of town - Oregano's is always on the list. The only drawback is that the place is small, and they can get very busy - but they are always worth the wait.

• Visited October 2013