“One of my favorite places!”

Oregano's Pizza Bistro
Ranked #8 of 362 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Oregano's is one of Flagstaff's favorite's and is one of mine as well. I really enjoy sitting down to have a bite to eat there with my wife and some of our friends. The ambiance is that of a local home-town place and that is just what it is. The staff are always friendly and the service is always good.

The last couple of times I've been in there, I've been getting a pizza to take home. It is always nice to be able to sit, have a beer, chat with the staff and other patrons while I wait for my order. I almost always get the "Aunt Margarita's Pizza", a thin-crust pizza with fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. I like some meat though, so I get some sliced meatballs on it too. It's fabulous! The crust is nice and crispy and the pizza is full of wonderful flavors. (I keep trying to get them to call this one a "John's Special", but they haven't taken me up on it yet.)

Another of my favorite's is the "Alfredo the Dark" which I get with chicken added. It's a creamy Alfredo made with Poblano chiles to give it a nice kick! I also highly recommend the Italian Flag Lasagna, again, a rather spicy dish. (I like spicy, by the way.). If you want something not quite as spicy, the Roasted Garlic Chicken Lasagna is excellent as well. Appetizers are always good here too - I highly recommend the Toasted Ravioli! The Boom Dip is really my all-time favorite spinach-artichoke cheese dip (I can't make it better myself).

I have been a steady customer for a long time, and I have rarely been disappointed in their food. On the rare occasions that something has not been right, they always bend over backwards to make it right. What's nice is that it is a rare occurrence when they do need to fix something. But when it does happen, they make it right.

Oregano's is always one of my "go-to" restaurant. When we want to eat out, or take a friend out or someone who is visiting from out of town - Oregano's is always on the list. The only drawback is that the place is small, and they can get very busy - but they are always worth the wait.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Oregano's is ALWAYS a positive experience, regardless of which location you choose to go to. I have honestly never once had a bad experience at any of them, and I have been to all of them, PLENTY of times. This one is very quaint, a bit smaller than most, so you may end up waiting a little longer than you would at the other locations (especially on a Fri or Sat) but it is ALWAYS well worth it! The staff here is excellent and the food is perfect. I will always eat here, every time I visit Flag.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

On a recent trip to Flagstaff I decided I was in the mood for pizza. I punched it in my GPS and chose another restaurant. But when I drove by that one I just didn't get a good vibe. So I drove to Oregano's. Glad I did! The parking could use some improvement as it is very limited and there is no room to really turn around. But the pizza makes up for it! I got the Bistro Classic thin crust even though I am not a thin crust fan, this pizza was the best I have ever had bar none! It was hot and you could tell the ingredients were fresh too! The waitress who served me was also very helpful as I had no idea what to order and kept checking to make sure I had everything I needed. The whole staff there made me feel right at home, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is even remotely nearby! Thanks for this fantastic part of my day trip!!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very good thin-crust pizza, good beers on tap, and fast friendly service. Practically across the street from the heart of NAU campus

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I say at the bar and a girl named "faith" made sure everything was nice. Nice atmosphere, staff, and food. Thanks for carrying Italian beer too. (Moretti)!!! Good luck guys. Cheers!