“Good but a little pricey”
Review of Hunan West

Hunan West
Ranked #239 of 348 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 9, 2012

They have very extensive lunch menu and good food, but they are a little pricey.

There are newer reviews for Hunan West

Reviewed March 6, 2012

That says it all. It was cheap, there was lots to eat ... the service was not bad... but really, there isn't very much really chinese about the food. It's a poor representation.

I think there are better places in Flagstaff for chinese food.

1  Thank keltzar
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Was lied to”

I will call Hunan West occasionally and place a "to go" order and usually the manager will take my order. Today, it was a different person taking orders. I placed my order over the phone and talked to a person with an oriental accent and I had to have her repeat to me what she said a couple of times. She took my order and told me my order will be ready in 15 min. I got there in 15 minutes to pick up my order. She didn't have my full order but had my name on her receipt paper and she told me "you must have called the east side Hunan and asked "what's the phone number you called?" I told her I called here so I took out my cell phone and told her the number. Why else would she have my name on that piece of paper? She quickly shoved that underneath the other papers. She then said she could place a fast order for me and it would take only 5 minutes. I told her I'm in a hurry and I need to go so just cancel my order. I left and when I got home she called and said my order was ready! Again, I told I just cancelled that order. I think the second time she had someone else's order. What a mess!

1  Thank jjb60971
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We love this place: the food is good, the service is excellent and we come so often the owners/waiters/waitresses know us and our usual and our drinks.

Can't beat the lunch deal: Soup, Appetizer and Entree for $9, enough food that your party can share dishes and spread the deal even further. We LOVE Mongolian Beef and Chicken Chow Mein and the fried rice is good if you don't feel like steamed. Also I think the Won Ton soup is the best and my boyfriend likes the Hot and Spicy.

Anyways we can't get enough!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We knew a Chinese food joint in a strip mall in Flagstaff probably wouldn't make the Michelin guide. But we were way off in our expectations of getting a humble meal before a movie. We called at 8:15 p.m. on July 3 to be sure they were still open, and were assured they would be open until 9. We arrived at 8:25 and were seated at a booth in the small restaurant with about 10 tables.The waitress was brisk, bordering on rude, and we ordered quickly. While waiting for our food to arrive, suddenly the restaurant filled with the intense fumes of Pine-Sol® as a staff member noisily cleaned the two rest rooms located within the tiny place. Our food arrived just as the cleaning fluid smell reached its maximum intensity, about 20 minutes before the place closed. We should have immediately asked to relocate with our food into the parking lot, but we soldiered on. The broth in our soup was watery; the vegetables were dull. I covered my nose with my napkin as I tried to choke down gelatinous broccoli, and we commented to the waitress on the smell, and she simply nodded, refilling our tea. I'm in my fifth decade; we dine out several times a week and we travel often. This was without a doubt our most horrific dining experience ever. On our way out, we spied the Costco-sized jug of Pine-Sol®, in plain view, with both rest room doors wide open.

Been to Hunan West? Share your experiences!