“One more chance.”

San Felipe's Coastal Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Fresh ingredients. Killer specials. Libacious cocktails. Dorado's menu offers the best in-house recipes, straight from Mexico, utilizing the freshest local ingredients Arizona has to offer. All of our lunch, dinner and weekend brunch choices are made from scratch and we are proud to keep it local with Flagstaff's very own Tortilla Lady tortillas. Enjoy a signature margarita on our patio during the day or get out on the dance floor at night. Dorado's has it all!
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It had been years since I had been to this place. The last time I was there, the food was disappointing, and I've never much cared for the outdated interior/beach theme. However, a friend highly recommended the Fish Tacos, and told me I should give them a try.
The interior looked the same as 13-years ago. The beer selection was poor -- considering the numerous places you can get a good beer in Flagstaff -- a great beer town. The fish tacos came to the table wrapped in tinfoil -- I don't know why. The grilled fish was very good -- but the rest of the taco was boring. The rice was bland, and the black beans were excessively salted (and I like salt) -- like the cap came off the salt container when the cook was adding the ingredient. I told the waitress to let the cook know. I had to ask her later if she told the cook -- because she never apologized, or offered to make them right. No one cared.
Also, $12.99 for two little tacos -- no thanks!

There are newer reviews for San Felipe's Coastal Cantina

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great place for lunch!! Fish tacos, its all good! Great place to sit down after shopping downtown. Never been here at night.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great cantina bar. Great views from all the tables for sporting events. The bears are cold and very Good liquor selection.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I shared a previous review of San Felipe where I said that the fish and shrimp tacos are amazing, but that they had discontinued free chips and salsa. I am happy to report that on my last visit they had reinstated the free chips and salsa. I'm so happy to see this since I thought making people pay for it was a bad business choice. Also, they have REALLY stepped up the service. The wait staff was extremely attentive and friendly. Thanks, San Felipe! We'll be back for more of those amazing shrimp tacos!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It looked like a fun place and we wanted Mexican food so gave it a try. There weren't many customers but we thought maybe we were early for the "rush." We ordered two frozen Margaritas that were on special for $3; they were served in smaller drink glasses that normally might have held a Scotch on the Rocks rather than a normal Margarita glass. Not much of a "special" if the drink is half the size of the normal one.

My husband had the steak quesadilla which he said wasn't too bad but I had a ground beef enchilada that I seriously considered sending back - that would have required staying longer for something else and after more than 30 minutes of listening to a loud, foul-mouthed customer at the bar I decided not to. Basically it was a cheese enchilada with greasy meat sauce poured over it. There was so much grease I had to use a napkin to sop it up before eating it. My husband commented that the salsa wasn't very good - like they had thrown in all the veggie leftovers into it.

Definitely not a family place with rather off-color signs on the wall - seems a bit old and probably could use a makeover in decor and menu.