“Great Fish/Shrimp Tacos”

San Felipe's Coastal Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Fresh ingredients. Killer specials. Libacious cocktails. Dorado's menu offers the best in-house recipes, straight from Mexico, utilizing the freshest local ingredients Arizona has to offer. All of our lunch, dinner and weekend brunch choices are made from scratch and we are proud to keep it local with Flagstaff's very own Tortilla Lady tortillas. Enjoy a signature margarita on our patio during the day or get out on the dance floor at night. Dorado's has it all!
“Great Fish/Shrimp Tacos”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have eaten at San Felipe's numerous times and, in general, it is a good place to eat. They have amazing fish tacos and shrimp tacos. You can get them grilled or fried, but my favorite is fried. It has a fun, playful ambiance and the service is always good. The one disappointing thing is that in the last year, they started charging extra to have chips and salsa. For a Mexican/Baja restaurant, this is just unheard of. We haven't been going quite a much simply because that seems like a bad way to do business for a restaurant that is so popular anyway.

• Visited July 2012

“Always a pleasure to eat here”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stopped in the most recent time just before Halloween. I opted for a simple dish which was awesome and my fiancee decided to try the
7 1/2 lb burrito challenge. He didn't finish but both of us were stuffed and luckily only had a short walk back to our motel. We visited on a Monday and fairly early in the evening so it was a pretty pry venue though I have been here when its packed to the gills so come early. Also if you buy the fishbowl margherita don't plan on driving :)

Dana Point, Ca.
“Caifornia Tourists On A Road Trip”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We happened into San Felipes on a football Sunday afternoon on our way to the Grand Canyon. Had spent one night in town and was in need of an adult beverage before we headed out. Greeted with a smile at the front door by SEAN we opted to belly up at the bar. That's when we met JEWELS the bartender. She was very friendly with prompt service and suggestions about the area to visit. We could tell this is a "locals" hangout. Just what we like.Did not eat, but the menu had a good variety of Mexican and American foods. The drinks were great! Thanks JEWELS! A pleasure to meet you! Lois and Robert

• Visited October 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Go with the Fish Tacos!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'm always trying to be good and "get the salad", so I got a taco salad with boiled shrimp and margarita dressing. I really wanted a taco thogh, so I got a fish taco on the side. I should have just gotten the taco plate. The taco was wonderful! The salad was "so-so". A little too much dressing on the iceberg lettuce, the boiled shrimp should have been grilled, it makes the coloring better. The restaurant looks like it is probably a pretty lively place on the weekends but I was there in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week, so it was pretty quiet. My waitress was very friendly and attentive, but then she didn't have many people to wait on. Cool "coastal" deocrations, surfboards, seagulls, lobsters, nets etc. and a window that opens out onto the street. In all a cool place. If I were to go back, I would get the tacos.

• Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Filling lunch”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stopped into San Felipe's for lunch while in Flagstaff. It is primarily a college hangout so we were not surprised by the loud music. My companion had a burrito - not the grande - but a regular size one that was very large. He thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the shrimp tacos - and the sauce was very tasty but there were only three shrimp in each one.

Visited October 2012